No announcement yet.

Power Tour Side Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the OFFICIAL Home Page of the Skyview Drive-In Movie Theater, located in Belleville, Illinois.

This one is not far from Gateway and does a couple classic car specific events a year. Only showing to be open Friday and Saturday's currently, but if someone wanted to contact them and try to set something up for a group, who knows.
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Chux Trux has a car show and chill fest on June 9th. 20 minutes north of Arrowhead Stadium. Flyer shows Car/COE from power tour.
      Last edited by stu yoakam; June 3, 2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

LMC truck has a store in Lenexa KS. 15450 W. 108th st 66219 Says open at 9am 7 days a week.
        Last edited by stu yoakam; June 3, 2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post

Yes, I got lucky the last few years when Edelbrock sponsored the drive in. The tickets did sell out quick. If anyone sees that they are doing this again, please get me three tickets. I am not on the computer much lately. If I do run across any info on a drive in, I will start a separate post.

Those who carry smart phones 24/7, charge their batteries and receive text have an advantage over those ("ME") who check their emails every couple days.
          John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
          Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Sorry !!! Beginning June 16, 2017, there will be no Corvette factory tours for 18 months.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
              Sorry !!! Beginning June 16, 2017, there will be no Corvette factory tours for 18 months.
              Guess I'll just have to come back, then........thx Jack.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Guess I'll just have to come back, then........thx Jack.
                ​For all of the people planning on going. I hate they will miss the tour. I have been twice and it is really an interesting tour.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Covered Bridges

36 Miles Southwest of Des Moines, 75 Miles southwest of the Iowa Speedway is the town of Summerset Iowa, made famous in the movie "The Bridges of Madison County". It's a scenic small town with lots of local feel and some interesting attractions. The birthplace of John Wayne, his childhood home and a nice museum and of course the bridges to name just a few.
                  ONLY TWO of the bridges are accessed on paved roads, and I would not suggest anyone take their hot rod down miles of dusty gravel roads. All of the bridges are closed to vehicle traffic. Check out the information available here. http://www.madisoncounty.com/ or here http://www.madisoncounty.com/the-covered-bridges/
                  There is a visitors Center in Summerset with maps and all the information, watch for the brown signs.
                  On April 15, the Cedar covered bridge suffered an arson fire, so if these classic old structures interest you, see them while you can.

IF covered bridges really interest you, 64 miles east of Davenport Iowa is the town of Princeton Illinois. Less than 2 miles north of I-80 just off Rt 26 is the Red Bridge. Built in 1863, this bridge is still in use on an active road, so you can drive through and it gives some good photo ops. Just remember, this is on an active road with local traffic. Again, watch for the brown signs.

Steve

'67 Plymouth GTX
                  '09 Dodge Challenger RT

PT Long Haul '13, '14, '15, '17
                  PT Short Haul '10, '11, '12, '16, '18

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRT View Post
                    Covered Bridges

36 Miles Southwest of Des Moines, 75 Miles southwest of the Iowa Speedway is the town of Summerset Iowa, made famous in the movie "The Bridges of Madison County". It's a scenic small town with lots of local feel and some interesting attractions. The birthplace of John Wayne, his childhood home and a nice museum and of course the bridges to name just a few.
                    ONLY TWO of the bridges are accessed on paved roads, and I would not suggest anyone take their hot rod down miles of dusty gravel roads. All of the bridges are closed to vehicle traffic. Check out the information available here. http://www.madisoncounty.com/ or here http://www.madisoncounty.com/the-covered-bridges/
                    There is a visitors Center in Summerset with maps and all the information, watch for the brown signs.
                    On April 15, the Cedar covered bridge suffered an arson fire, so if these classic old structures interest you, see them while you can.

IF covered bridges really interest you, 64 miles east of Davenport Iowa is the town of Princeton Illinois. Less than 2 miles north of I-80 just off Rt 26 is the Red Bridge. Built in 1863, this bridge is still in use on an active road, so you can drive through and it gives some good photo ops. Just remember, this is on an active road with local traffic. Again, watch for the brown signs.

https://www.enjoyillinois.com/explor...covered-bridge

Steve
                    I hate to say this, but the main bridge in Madison county was hit once again by the ravages of arson... turns out one of the kids that was interviewed on TV and two of his friends have been arrested as suspects...Damned shame...http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...ire/100616450/
                    Last edited by silver_bullet; May 6, 2017, 07:21 AM.
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Go to Treehouse pub and eatery when we're in Davenport! Just tried it today for the first time it is a knockout!
                      Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
                        retooling for the mid engined DOHC Vette????
                        Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          Go to Treehouse pub and eatery when we're in Davenport! Just tried it today for the first time it is a knockout!
                          Patrick, what's the great pizza place in the Quad Cities again?
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                            If this years route is as bad (or worse than) last year's route it could well be the that makes me stop doing PowerTour as last year's route was the worse I have been on in the 10 years I have been long hauling!
                            Just enjoy the drive no matter what the route is. It's about the people you meet and the drive. To me it doesn't really matter what the route is.
                            Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                              Just enjoy the drive no matter what the route is. It's about the people you meet and the drive. To me it doesn't really matter what the route is.
                              I agree that the socialization if very important but I like to drive my car and the route does significantly influence the level of enjoyment.

Comment

Pizza is a matter of taste... for authentic Quad Cities style, go to Harris Pizza...5 locations around the area.

For wood fired Pizza, try treehouse pub and eatery on Kimberly road in Bettendorf...

For the original Taco Pizza try Happy Joes...

I personally like the Harris Taco Pizza better though...It's called the Goal Tender

Last edited by silver_bullet; May 8, 2017, 04:26 PM.
                                Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                                X