No announcement yet.

Power Tour Side Trips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boulevard Drive In says they will probably be showing the new Pirates movie. boulevarddrivein.com

Comment

There is Twin Drive-In Independence, MO Crossroads @ Grinders KC MO has Elvis Costello on June 9th. Grinders restaurant has been on Diners Drive Ins and Dives.

Comment

Chain of Rocks Bridge, where old Rt 66 crossed the Mississippi. Oddly enough there is a pretty sharp turn in the middle. https://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/route6..._missouri.html
        Non-denominational car nut.
        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
        Do you go all the way?

Comment

Has anyone joined the Hot Rod Club? I keep getting emails from them offering free gifts.

Comment

If time allows in KC the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum is a place to see. Was there back around 2006 and it is special to see. Truman, of course, authorized the atomic bombs to be dropped in WW II. He assumed the Presidency upon FDR's death, serving two terms. It is quite a facility. If you're rolling in via I-70 there is also President Eisenhower's museum in Abilene , KS.

The Harry S. Truman Presidential Library & Museum was established to preserve the papers, books, and other historical materials relating to former President Harry S. Truman and to make them available to the people in a place suitable for exhibit and research.

Scott

Comment

We went to the Ike museum when I was a kid. 25 years ago give or take.

Comment

Don't forget, there is the Harvest Moon Twin Drive-in Theatre in Gibson City, IL. It is about a 45 minute trip from the State Farm Center. A couple of years ago there was a bunch of people that went up there and sold the place out. Fun place to go, dog friendly too. Owner is real easy going and cool to talk to. He has old cars too. Web site is http://www.harvestmoondrivein.com/home.html

Comment

There is also Valle Drive In in Newton, IA
                  HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Has anyone heard of a movie night on PT for 2017?

Comment

Comment

I think Lars was asking about a sponsored drive in event! If not, we can go to one on our own! Edelbrock has sponsored a couple, and I don't remember who else, maybe painless?

Comment

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
                          I think Lars was asking about a sponsored drive in event! If not, we can go to one on our own! Edelbrock has sponsored a couple, and I don't remember who else, maybe painless?
                          Cupie doll for the young lady!!! You are correct! Cool idea, if they don't step up let's see who is interested.
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

you have to be very quick to get a ticket for one of the drive ins. I lucked out one yr and missed the next. usually they only have room for 200-300 cars and its free, so it fills very quick when it is announced

Comment

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
                              Yes, I got lucky the last few years when Edelbrock sponsored the drive in. The tickets did sell out quick. If anyone sees that they are doing this again, please get me three tickets. I am not on the computer much lately. If I do run across any info on a drive in, I will start a separate post.

Comment

American Graffiti in Ft. Worth 2013 was a good time,I met a lot of good folks that evening alone,
                                HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Working...
                                X