Cars & Cones Roadtrip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
    Ending in Raleigh? Where would they have the venue? The Tarheel Sports Car Club used to do auto-x at the PNC Arena but they were forced out a few years ago. There was a GoodGuys show at the fairgrounds this year (which included auto-x) the last weekend in April. I wonder if that will be related? OK, if it end here, I'm in. There will likely also be a "Finish Line" party at ImpalaGuy World Headquarters & Tiki-Lounge for the BS Crew. .
    It was mentioned to possibly run in conjunction with Goodguys.

C&C has had a finish line party as a part of the event on the last day. I am sure that tradition will continue. The big prize giveaways are Friday night, and this year James Otto played a few songs after dinner. Just an FYI on party planning.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
      C&C has had a finish line party as a part of the event on the last day. I am sure that tradition will continue. The big prize giveaways are Friday night, and this year James Otto played a few songs after dinner. Just an FYI on party planning.
      Thanks for the info. HHhhmm. Maybe change up to a "Hit the Road, Jack" themed brunch the next morning? Cars, Cones, & Quiche? Plenty of time to decide. The Tiki-Lounge is not the same sprawling facility that Lars has, but would still like to do something. Lots of time to plot/plan.
      Non-denominational car nut.
      Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
      Do you go all the way?

Comment

The C&C stuff breaks up around 9 ish ( unless you are changing an engine for the trip home).

Possibly an after party party? Like you said, long time to plan.

The best part is we actually know where it starts and ends and the week it will take place. Makes planning a lot easer.

Comment

Does anyone know any links besides the Pro-Touring.com Facebook page <--- [Click here for pics] where the photos are posted from the 2017 event?

I know allot of websites were mentioned when we were at Bowling Green
          Last edited by Vsolo; May 5, 2017, 05:26 PM.
          So. Central PA
          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Lots of BS cars on the videos and pictures.

I have mine on the lift getting it ready for PT.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
              ... I have mine on the lift getting it ready for PT.
              Me too - except down here we call them jackstands!

Comment

Here they're called 2x4's.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Here is the write up on Super Chevy online, Good pictures too.
                  So. Central PA
                  Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Working...
                  X