Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He He He, Coneheads! Good one John!
    Maybe next year I can be one too!
    Last edited by corvettedad; April 25, 2017, 08:59 PM.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Watching a couple of Chad's Facebook videos this week is moving this event up the to-do list. Looks like fun with very little real competition/intimidation. Hope the weather holds out and they don't get washed away at the end of the week.
      GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

I've been keeping up with Chris & Karen also on FB. Karen drove the Nova today! I will be there next year for sure! Big Dave and victor are getting some good coverage also in their trucks.
        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Hey everyone, the BS gang is having a blast and we hope more come along next year. Karen even drove the Nova around so it looks like we might be building a toy for her to autocross soon.

Comment

I really want to do that next year. Since Karen did it maybe I can talk Susan into trying the course.
            Chris did you have anymore trouble with the Nova aafter you left gearhead inn?
            I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Originally posted by mike327 View Post
              Chris did you have anymore trouble with the Nova aafter you left gearhead inn?
              Yeah, me wondering too, whatsay Chris? Loitering around at GHI watching Chris and Dennis troubleshoot that thing, that costed me more money. I had to get one of those infrared temperature guns. That thing is a "cool" tool. Never knew I needed one before. Got one now, though.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Well made it thru the week but #4 plug got all junked up again so I had to change that one again. So now we will look deeper into it. Thanks guys

Comment

Ok guys here's what it's all about. Here a picture of FM3 giving Chad and Daphine the $25,000. We raised to help them with there medical stuff and deal with her Cancer. So Cars and Cones is not just about the fun times we also love and try to help our Brother and Sister Gearheads in a time of need. So please remember to enjoy life while you can. And never wait for tomorrow.

Comment

Man I had so much fun on this event......
                    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

I had to get one of those infrared temperature guns. That thing is a "cool" tool. Never knew I needed one before. Got one now, though.
                      They're handy for picking out a icy cold beer from one that has just been added to the "blue cooler".

Non-denominational car nut.
                      Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                      Do you go all the way?

Comment

Cars & Cones was a fun event once again. It was great to see everyone again.

For those that like to plan ahead, the event will take place the last week of April, 2018, which should be the 23rd to the 27th. It will go from Jasper Indiana to Raleigh NC. They did let us know those details, and mentioned keeping the limit to 100 cars. I would not expect any more details until 2018, but at least you know where you are starting, finishing and what the dates will be.

While there are some high dollar cars doing this event, it is not a competition, and don't be worried if you have never autocrossed before. I got behind the wheel of someone else's car, which I expected to be better than it was, and tore up a bunch of cones. That was a much worse lap than any rookie lap I have ever seen. Shit happens.

I will definitely be signed up for the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                          Cars & Cones was a fun event once again. It was great to see everyone again.

For those that like to plan ahead, the event will take place the last week of April, 2018, which should be the 23rd to the 27th. It will go from Jasper Indiana to Raleigh NC. They did let us know those details, and mentioned keeping the limit to 100 cars. I would not expect any more details until 2018, but at least you know where you are starting, finishing and what the dates will be.

While there are some high dollar cars doing this event, it is not a competition, and don't be worried if you have never autocrossed before. I got behind the wheel of someone else's car, which I expected to be better than it was, and tore up a bunch of cones. That was a much worse lap than any rookie lap I have ever seen. Shit happens.

I will definitely be signed up for the next one.
                          You Know I will be back for more!!!! I have had fun on many Power Tours but this trip is the next level of roadtrip.

Comment

Ending in Raleigh? Where would they have the venue? The Tarheel Sports Car Club used to do auto-x at the PNC Arena but they were forced out a few years ago. There was a GoodGuys show at the fairgrounds this year (which included auto-x) the last weekend in April. I wonder if that will be related? OK, if it end here, I'm in. There will likely also be a "Finish Line" party at ImpalaGuy World Headquarters & Tiki-Lounge for the BS Crew. .
                            Last edited by Impala_Guy; May 3, 2017, 02:23 PM.
                            Non-denominational car nut.
                            Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                            Do you go all the way?

Comment

I'm in for the Finish line Party........
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy View Post
                                Ending in Raleigh? Where would they have the venue? The Tarheel Sports Car Club used to do auto-x at the PNC Arena but they were forced out a few years ago. There was a GoodGuys show at the fairgrounds this year (which included auto-x) the last weekend in April. I wonder if that will be related? OK, if it end here, I'm in. There will likely also be a "Finish Line" party at ImpalaGuy World Headquarters & Tiki-Lounge for the BS Crew. .
                                Heck if can't make the event I'll just come up for the finish line party!
                                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                                X