No announcement yet.

Cars & Cones Roadtrip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in, I'll be one of the 5 following novadriver & gang on the way down. Picking up tips for C & C.
    Guess it is time to buy a real helmet

Originally posted by novadriver View Post

. I' m looking to drive to The GearHead Inn Hotel just outside of Cherokee, NC as our layover spot Saturday night. They have a bad ass fire pit and place for parking lot parties. Let me know how many you have if you all want to meet up and run to Hoover, AL on Sunday.

Chris
    Add us to the list for a room at ​The GearHead Inn Hotel.
    Last edited by Vsolo; December 21, 2016, 03:21 PM.
    So. Central PA
    Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post

Hey Lars, We did have a blast last year. So far there is a 5 cars from my way coming. No Blue Tubbed Nova. But wait till you see his wife in her lowered Challager she going to rip it up. I' m looking to drive to The GearHead Inn Hotel just outside of Cherokee, NC as our layover spot Saturday night. They have a bad ass fire pit and place for parking lot parties. Let me know how many you have if you all want to meet up and run to Hoover, AL on Sunday.

Chris
      Will do. A group of us are running out of Mooresville together. I will look at some back roads to get us there...

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
        How about the Run to the Sun Andy?

Cars & cones is a fun low key trip. Plenty of people who have never done auto-X before did the trip last year. I know of several going this year that have never done auto-x.

Dave, I am building a truck now, but doubt it will be ready for cars & cones. Taking something different is cool in a sea of late model stuff. The pro street Nova was a big hit last year.

Terry and myself ran the two oldest cars on cars and cones last year, a 56 and a 57.
        Yes Lars that is always on my list. I plan on going Wednesday night are early Thursday.
        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Sounds good Andy. I always enjoy the Run to the Sun and hanging out in Murrells Inlet.

Comment

Sounds good Andy. I always enjoy the Run to the Sun and hanging out in Murrells Inlet.
            Me to man! It's always a good time.
            Hopefully we want spend it under the hood of anybodies car are truck!
            Last edited by Andy4639; January 2, 2017, 05:26 PM.
            Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

We are Registered . Will have 2 trucks ,An El camino and a 67 c10

Comment

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
                Awesome you all got signed up Vic. Are you taking both trucks?

Comment

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
                  Vic, if you and Terri want to run with us to meet Chris and crew let me know.

Comment

Vic, if you and Terri want to run with us to meet Chris and crew let me know.
                    Hey Lars, We are going to have a kick off party weekend at the Gearhead Inn Hotel in Whiter, NC. It's our Spring Blooms Tour. You should round up all you car guys and gals and head over Friday and Saturday night. We have one heck of a parking lot party for sure. Fire pit, Bench racing, cruises thru the mountains and what ever else. Give me a call when you get a chance and we will talk about the trip and whats going on.

Comment

Ugh, April 24th - 28th is M-F. What's wrong with using two weekend days

I really like the route, AND the TIME OF YEAR! (not hot as balls out). The start is only 4 hours away and the last day is 7.

This would actually be fun to steal the wife's 2011 Mustang for the week.

I need a job that values employees getting the eff away throughout the year and not living at work...
                      Last edited by Jesse James 80; January 17, 2017, 09:17 AM.
                      1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                      1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                      1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Has anyone heard from the Cars & Cones folks about hotels yet?????
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                          Has anyone heard from the Cars & Cones folks about hotels yet?????
                          Not yet Dave, I will send them an email and see if anything is set up yet. Last year they had rooms set up at a group rate at two hotels in the areas.

Comment

Thanks Chris, I just though it odd that we had heard anything yet.
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

A friend sent an email two weeks ago to FM3 and did not get any response.

I booked a HI on Broadway in downtown Nashville for Tuesday night, not based on any information other than wanting to enjoy the music scene that night. Must be something going on, the hotels in Nashville are expensive.

Comment

Good Idea Lars.

I went ahead and booked downtown Nashville as well. Your right if we in the area we might as well see it for whats it's know for. I also went ahead and booked the Hampton Inn on 355 Third Ave. in Jasper, IN for Friday night. That's where we stayed last year and it was very nice.

So now we just need Sun, Mon, Wed, and Thurs. and we are good.

Comment

Working...
                                X