Cars & Cones Roadtrip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars & Cones Roadtrip

CARS & CONES Roadtrip is back for 2017. Going to take place April 24-28 starting in AL and ending in Jasper IN. Some of us on here went last year and it was a blast you auto-x for about 4-5 hours a day and drive about 200 miles each day. It's just plain awesome. Check out FM3marketing Roadtrip for details. Limited to 100 so not many traffic jambs like the power tour.

I'm in. Should be another fun trip.

Comment

The 2017 FM3 Road Trip - Cars & Cones will be held April 24th - 28th. We will start our trip near Birmingham, AL and end up in Jasper, IN - something like this:

- April 24 - Hoover, AL - registration and autocross (early registration will be available Sunday April 23)
      - April 25th - Nashville, TN - cruise to Nashville then autocross
      - April 26th - Bowling Green, KY - cruise to BG, autocross then cruise to Louisville
      - April 27th - Louisville, KY - Bus tours to Bourbon Trail, Churchill Downs, other Louisville points of interest
      - April 28th - Louisville autocross, cruise to Jasper IN, Ridetech party

Precise venue details and cruise routes are still being worked out, but just like last year, there will be a boat load of great sponsors giving away more than $75,000 worth of prizes during the week.

Comment

Man I want to do this! I just don't have a good vehicle for it though. The 56 would be better than the truck I think. The LT-1 would be ok as far as on the road. It would be much more top heavy though for the autocross. The car isn't and want be lowered are even close to a autocross setup! I guess I would need a co pilot also to help with the car? I just don't know!
        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
          Man I want to do this! I just don't have a good vehicle for it though. The 56 would be better than the truck I think. The LT-1 would be ok as far as on the road. It would be much more top heavy though for the autocross. The car isn't and want be lowered are even close to a autocross setup! I guess I would need a co pilot also to help with the car? I just don't know!
          Bring whatever. Just drive the Corse easy. We are just having a good time. And good times we have. Last year my buddy Dennis autocrossed his tubbed Nova. It made some good pictures.

Comment

Yea it would all be for fun. I've never done auto cross before. It would be a fun trip I'm sure.

Comment

Would love to do it too!
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I registered last night........what am I thinking autocross the "Beast"?????
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                  I registered last night........what am I thinking autocross the "Beast"?????
                  Is it going to be EFI are carb by then Dave? That is the question!

I can't put down vacation until after the 1 of the year and it will be full by then I'm sure.

Last edited by Andy4639; December 18, 2016, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Autocross is a blast. Each time I do it I get a huge adrenaline rush and all i've ever done it in is that V6 Challenger. Imagine if I had a real car to throw around. Powertour may not happen for us in '17 but this looks like something that could be squeezed in if we can make the cut off.
                    Visit my sons blog:
                    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

I'm trying REAL HARD to say yes but don't know if I should, it'd be a solo trip! Dang it's #$&% being responsible! Robert's cool with it .....but John?
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

Is it going to be EFI are carb by then Dave? That is the question!

I can't put down vacation until after the 1 of the year and it will be full by then I'm sure.

Don't know yet going to change the air injection control valve if it fixes the problem then done if not back to carb. Andy check the website for availability if there is on the 1st then sign up.
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post

Don't know yet going to change the air injection control valve if it fixes the problem then done if not back to carb. Andy check the website for availability if there is on the 1st then sign up.
                          That's all I can do. I will have to figure out what to do after the first.
                          Power tour is looking like it want happen for me either in 17 if I do this for sure. Just not enough time off are funding.

Per my new 2017 schedule I'm off the weekend of the 22 of April and the following weekend the 28. So that's cool. I will have to take the week off which is 4 days 24,25,26,27 which is fine. So I'm good there. I just need for registration to hold out till after the first of the year.

Last edited by Andy4639; December 21, 2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

How about the Run to the Sun Andy?

Cars & cones is a fun low key trip. Plenty of people who have never done auto-X before did the trip last year. I know of several going this year that have never done auto-x.

Dave, I am building a truck now, but doubt it will be ready for cars & cones. Taking something different is cool in a sea of late model stuff. The pro street Nova was a big hit last year.

Terry and myself ran the two oldest cars on cars and cones last year, a 56 and a 57.

Comment

[QUOTE=htrdharley;

Cars & cones is a fun low key trip. Plenty of people who have never done auto-X before did the trip last year. I know of several going this year that have never done auto-x.

Dave, I am building a truck now, but doubt it will be ready for cars & cones. Taking something different is cool in a sea of late model stuff. The pro street Nova was a big hit last year.

Terry and myself ran the two oldest cars on cars and cones last year, a 56 and a 57.[/QUOTE]

Hey Lars, We did have a blast last year. So far there is a 5 cars from my way coming. No Blue Tubbed Nova. But wait till you see his wife in her lowered Challager she going to rip it up. I' m looking to drive to The GearHead Inn Hotel just outside of Cherokee, NC as our layover spot Saturday night. They have a bad ass fire pit and place for parking lot parties. Let me know how many you have if you all want to meet up and run to Hoover, AL on Sunday.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X