Vehicle Inspection Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Inspection Service

Has anyone use Road Ready Inspection Services?
    What classic car inspection service have you used / recommend?

I used you once!!! And Glenn still thanks you. He loves the Chevelle.
    Jim & Maureen
    There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
    HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

I used to do vehicle inspections on classic cars for an internet company when they had something in my area. They had a very comprehensive 6 page report. They required a drive and an undercarriage inspection. I tried to be a thorough as possible and look at it as if I was looking at it for myself.
      http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/...pssichgwqu.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
        Has anyone use Road Ready Inspection Services?
        What classic car inspection service have you used / recommend?

Are you buying something new Allen ?
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I have not used one but have a story. I looked at a 66 Gran Sport a few years ago, for sale because the husband passed away. The widow had an inspection/ appraisal done on the car and I was shocked by all the inaccuracies. One glaring one was the car had the nailhead dual quad setup on it including the air cleaner and the "appraiser" listed it as a single 4 bbl. he also neglected to mention the frame rot, I broke off a small piece accidentally with my hand when reaching under the car. If you use one try to validate that they know what they're doing, good luck.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I looked at a '56 Chevy that I liked 5-6 years ago. I have been building Tri-Fives since the 1960's so I do know what I am looking at. After going over it with a fine tooth comb I concluded that it was an honest $20,000-$23,000 car. When we got around to $$$$ the seller told me that he had just had the car appraised by someone out of Colorado for $35,500. I later commented to Laura that would be my dream job; getting paid to tell someone what they want to hear. Couldn't go wrong there. The same owner sold the car at auction a couple of years ago for $28K. So my advice Allen, is either someone that you trust that you can be on the phone with while they are looking at it or just go yourself. I am up against the same thing at the moment with a '67 Camaro that I am looking at north of Minneapolis. No time to get there right now. Good luck.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
              I am up against the same thing at the moment with a '67 Camaro that I am looking at north of Minneapolis. No time to get there right now. Good luck.
              I could probably check that out for you. Let me know.
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

I might be able to get up that way too.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I haven't talked to the guy in a week. I will try to give him a call tonight. I think that he is in Princeton?
                  ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Where is the car? Maybe some of us may live near it and can at least look at it. And we've talked already about my experiences but I'm in the same conclusion as some of the others...Take a day off work and go see the car OR find a reputable inspector. I once bought a 69 Camaro from a dealer in Mass. and he promissed me the car was this and that. When I got it a mechanic friend told me to be careful if you do a burn out, the whole rear end support was all rusted and could fall out. And everything from the front bumper to the fire wall had just been replaced from what appeared to be a front end crash.. So NEVER believe the person selling the car about anything that could be a problem, they are a salesman at that time and want to sell something.. Have someone look at it or go and see it for yourself.So again, where is the car?
                    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

I have one in Cedar Rapids IA and another one in Greene IA. I am a little suspect as these are almost identical cars that appear to only be a few miles apart.

Comment

Did I miss something? Got a hint as to what they are?
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hmmmmm....probably a Road Runner and a Super Bee. 😀

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                            Hmmmmm....probably a Road Runner and a Super Bee. 😀
                            I was thinking a CAMARO ! But knowing Allen, It's another Ford.
                            Last edited by smalblock; December 11, 2016, 07:16 PM.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X