Power Tour Car Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88MCSS LS2 6spd View Post
    Ditto on the LS swap, I have 3 HRPT,s and over 15,000 miles on my swap and not one problem, LS2 6 speed with 3.73 gears gets me around 25mpg on the freeway
    If I do another Chevy it will be LS based. It appears to be plenty of local support.
    I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Originally posted by mike327 View Post
      Big Dave there is a guy in Picayune that tunes, he does some of the street outlaws cars. Travis motorsports 601 347 1374. I personally have not used them but was assured they could fix my problems.
      Thanks Mike I'll look into that, I did talk with the guy who helped me in Dallas last night. After describing my problem to him he suggested that he IAC valve went bad so I'll change that this weekend and see what happens. I know nothing about EFI but that will have to change, adapt and overcome.
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Well I reckon I'll be staying with carbs at least for now, on the Fall Tour it averaged around 17 mph with a so so Rochester and 3.42 gears and running 65+ a lot of the time.
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I love the LS 6.0 and the 4L80E transmission.
          4:10 gears and I get 17-18 miles to the gallon. Plus it's fun at the lights if I want it to be!
          Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
            I love the LS 6.0 and the 4L80E transmission.
            4:10 gears and I get 17-18 miles to the gallon. Plus it's fun at the lights if I want it to be!
            I'll probably upgrade the tranny down the road but for now I'm gonna enjoy some driving time, it's been sitting to long! Besides I need to get back to the 69 Camaro and finish the body work, new full sail quarters sitting waiting to go on! Then I'll have two to swap back and forth and drive, giving the 11 SS a much deserved rest. Who knows if I finish the 69 I might bring it to Gearhead in the Spring!! 69 SS Camaro, 468, 4-speed! Yeah that might be fun!!!
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
            X