Flooding in Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooding in Louisiana

I thought I would update the situation in south Louisiana with the flooding. I'm OK no flooding in Covington. The hardest hit area is from Hammond La, about 25 miles from me, to Baton Rouge and south of Baton Rouge. We have at least 2 bangshifters in the Baton Rouge area haven't been able to reach either one. More rain is expected so rivers haven't crested yet so that means more areas will flood before its over. No flooding in the New Orleans area and hope it stays that way. I'm currently in North Caroline at Brent's house working on the GTO but plan on returning home mid week. I'll update as the conditions warrant. Thanks to all who have contacted me with their concern about my safety it is greatly appreciated.
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Thanks fro the update Dave.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

x2
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Thanks Dave, I was just wondering today if this was impacting where you live. Our thoughts are with the people there, what a mess.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Dave, good hearing from you, we were wondering.
          John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
          Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Good news Dave. Hopefully similar news on the other two members.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Good to hear Dave. I think Blake is good as well. No flooding at his house but all around it.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Great news Dave,but maybe you should be building an Arc..See you soon my friend..
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Well I knew where you where so I knew you were ok, just hope the water stays away from the homestead!
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Blake has been busy as a volunteer fireman rescuing people. He and Anna are fine so far.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                      I thought I would update the situation in south Louisiana with the flooding. I'm OK no flooding in Covington. The hardest hit area is from Hammond La, about 25 miles from me, to Baton Rouge and south of Baton Rouge. We have at least 2 bangshifters in the Baton Rouge area haven't been able to reach either one. More rain is expected so rivers haven't crested yet so that means more areas will flood before its over. No flooding in the New Orleans area and hope it stays that way. I'm currently in North Caroline at Brent's house working on the GTO but plan on returning home mid week. I'll update as the conditions warrant. Thanks to all who have contacted me with their concern about my safety it is greatly appreciated.
                      Good to hear from you Dave! Glad you are ok and glad to hear that Anna and Blake are ok for now👍

Comment

Finely got in touch with Impala Mike. He and family are OK house took on a foot of water and have begun cleaning up. More rain is forecast-ed for the next 9 days.

Comment

Just got text message from Impala Mike....lost all cars Impala, Nova, Corvette, VW, truck and daily drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                            Just got text message from Impala Mike....lost all cars Impala, Nova, Corvette, VW, truck and daily drivers
                            That's awful. At least he is ok.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

that sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X