No announcement yet.

Plan B for 2017 HRPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damon, not real sure I'll take it with the power train it has right now. The power glide isn't what I would call road worthy enough for the tour. The gas mileage sucks big time. It does look good on the road though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	road shot.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1127959
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
      Damon, not real sure I'll take it with the power train it has right now. The power glide isn't what I would call road worthy enough for the tour. The gas mileage sucks big time. It does look good on the road though.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1127959[/ATTACH]
      They can't all have LS swaps and overdrive!
      HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
        Good work Andy. It is coming along nicely. Something to be said for having nice a/c in a classic for when you want to go cruising. Especially during powertour.
        Even better when you have it AND can USE it.... almost time to cut a big hole in my core support...
        1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
        1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
        1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

As much as you like to fiddle with cars I'm thinking by June it won't have a powerglide anymore. I'm a 60's-70's car guy myself but I personally think the '56 would be a more fitting car for you and your pops to take for his first tour.
          Visit my sons blog:
          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Damon I agree the 56 would make a lot better tour car. Dad has even said he wanted to trade the 56 for the 64. If he does I'll have it ready for the tour you can count on it!

Jesse it's just a matter of doing it. Cut it and be done with it,

Comment

I ordered the Bluetooth Alpine radio and 6x9 speakers for the Impala today. Going to try and install it my self. Have to make a set of speakers to go in the dash spot myself.

Name:	Alpine Radio Bluetooth.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1129555

Name:	Alpine sps 619 speakers.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1129556

Comment

Andy, I'm not sure if I remember right but in my 65 Catalina I used two 4in speakers put together in the spot for the front speaker. I believe it was a 5x8 anyway. I never cared too much for tunes in a old car until this Malibu. I took it out for a long run on Saturday and on the back country roads I put on the classic rock station and cruised. And I'm not really a classic rock person.
                Visit my sons blog:
                www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

Jesse it's just a matter of doing it. Cut it and be done with it,
                  Time. I have a project back log! Been setting up getting Jenas car fixed, all the house windows replaced, and roof and gutters replaced from hail damage. I should be completely done with our master bath remodel this weekend, that was really time consuming. After that, the entire inside of the house has been remodeled except for the computer room, I just have to finish a closet and paint all the trim.

The mustang also has a leaking timing cover, so I want to redo it all when the radiator is pulled, which means pulling everything off the front of the motor. It's a 2-3 weekend job to clean it all up and do it right. Sounds like a Dec/Jan job!
                  Last edited by Jesse James 80; November 1, 2016, 11:46 AM.
                  1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                  1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                  1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

do a mild overhaul on the 350... install a top end kit with 64cc heads to bring the compression up a bit and get her to flow... add a 4L65E overdrive trans with a mild lockup converter and enjoy!!!!!!!!!
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Dad is wanting the Impala now for a while. I got the radio to install and both side windows to do also. Then dad is coming after it. I'll get the 56 back for a while I guess.

Comment

Started on the install today. Got both 6x9 holes cut. Installed the 2 2 way speakers up front. I have to take the fronts back out to paint the spacer.

Name:	IMG_4861.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	1130253

Name:	IMG_4862.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	1130254

Name:	IMG_4864.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	1130255

Comment

Nice job!!!
                          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                            Nice job!!!
                            Thanks.
                            I wish I could sew!

Comment

Rear & front speakers in and wires ran to the dash opening for the radio. Got the new package tray cutout for the rear deck and ordered the material to cover it. When installed you want see the speakers.
                              I got the tag light working also. Bulb was poped and I cleaned the lens and polished it up good as new.
                              I also ordered some bling for it to. New trunk eblems side emblems.

Comment

All done with the stereo install. The pictures make it look grey but it's not.

Name:	IMG_4930.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	1131787

Name:	IMG_4924.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1131788

Name:	IMG_4923.JPG