Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
    Put some 15-17" Cragars on there!

I'm planning on 18" rally's at some point!

Got it back from the muffler shop today. 2 days worth of work on it to install a new system that doesn't look like a 5 year old installed! And boy does it sound better!
    To dark to get pictures I'll do that tomorrow maybe.
    I spent most of the afternoon putting in a new turn signal switch and getting all the lights working! I can drive it at night now but need to add the head light relays too!

Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Been hard at it on the 56 and the 64 since we got home Saturday.
      I got the AC in the 64 working and blowing 60* s. I have to get a ac relay for it though and some shocks. I took the console out Saturday night and cleaned it up good and got the backup lights working. I still need to find a console to get the keeper off of it so mine will close and stay closed.

Comment

Another update.
        Old radiator is gone new aluminum one is on the way with a 16" fan. Took out all the power assit stuff and installing the CPP new 50003 power steering box. This thing is going to handle very well when done. I put front shocks on this past week also.

I order the new 18" ralley wheels Tuesday with the polished lip along with the disc brake caps & 225r40 18" tires for $1137.00 out the door mounted and balanced.

Comment

I took the power assist out and have the new CPP steering box installed along with new center link and arms.
          Waiting on new radiator and rag joint to finish up.

Comment

Well if I ever get the power steering shaft part from CPP I can put the Impala back on the road. I got the new radiator and fan but can't install it until I get the power steering done.

Comment

New wheels and tires on! One step closer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Rally wheels.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1124838

Name:	New Rally wheels2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	1124839

Comment

Well I figured out the loud noise in the Impala. This dang thing has a 2 piece drive shaft just like my truck did.

The carrier bearing had come a part in it. It's inclosed in the tunnel between the 2 frame rails so you can't see anything.
                New bearing, 3 new u joints new rear transmission seal and mount installed. Car ran great coming to work tonight.
                Installed a water,oil and volt meter gauge also to keep a eye out on the vitals!
                Thursday I plan to pressure wash it off and get 50 years worth of grit off of it.

Last edited by Andy4639; October 10, 2016, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                  Well I figured out the loud noise in the Impala. This dang thing has a 2 piece drive shaft just like my truck did.

The carrier bearing had come a part in it. It's inclosed in the tunnel between the 2 frame rails so you can't see anything.
                  New bearing, 3 new u joints new rear transmission seal and mount installed. Car ran great coming to work tonight.
                  Installed a water,oil and volt meter gauge also to keep a eye out on the vitals!
                  Thursday I plan to pressure wash it off and get 50 years worth of grit off of it.

I think your dad is lucky to have someone to work on these sweet old rides, Great job!!!
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Thanks, I love working on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                      I took the console out Saturday night and cleaned it up good and got the backup lights working. I still need to find a console to get the keeper off of it so mine will close and stay closed.
                      Like these?

...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I found the part I needed in Charlotte. New Impala 66 model worked like a charm.

Comment

Started changing the AC hoses today, almost got them all but one end got pissy! I had to take it back the parts guy to fix. I'll get it tomorrow and finish up Monday.

Comment

I got the AC lines made and hide behind the inner fender.

Name:	IMG_4733.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1127527

Name:	IMG_4663.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	1127528

Comment

AC is done and blowing good and cold. 40* inside 89* outside today. Man it was nice riding it around today. I'm pleased with it. I was worried it wouldn't hold vacuum because of the clamps but so far so good. I ran the lines behind the inner fender and the wires for the cutoff switch. I mounted the drier in the front fend well also.

Name:	IMG_4737.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1127876

Name:	IMG_4740.JPG
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	1127877

Name:	IMG_4739.JPG
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	1127878

Comment

Good work Andy. It is coming along nicely. Something to be said for having nice a/c in a classic for when you want to go cruising. Especially during powertour.
                                Visit my sons blog:
                                www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Working...
                                X