The 2016 HRPT from my perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2016 HRPT from my perspective

Here's the 2016 HRPT from my perspective.
    The 2016 Hot Rod Power Tour was the hottest Power Tour ever. Literally… It was the hottest Power Tour ever. But no matter how hot it was – I had the best time ever. And the heat, humidity and…

Lemme know what you think and thanks for reading

Jeff it's a great story and really glad you had such a terrific time on PT. It was my 6th in a row and every year it seems better than before. But your story is only a beginning there is so much more that can be written about this years PT. So I hope you take the time and cover more of the event, it's about the people ( who are the best to be around) and the cars driving down the back roads. just ask the folks on Bangshift and they can over load you with stories about this year.
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Stories, huh let's see, tornado in south Louisiana, cars hanging up on only ferry across river, my tires sounding like Buckshot mud tires on the concrete road's in Austin, Robert saying Dad what's that SMELL!! A moment of silence at the Oklahoma city bombing memorial, small town kids out waving to us! I love HRPT.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Great Story, Ours is a little different, Starting with a faulty starter on Saturday replaced by the wonderful guys who make up the Chevy Motor Medics, then on Sunday, at Royal Purple Dragway at 5:30pm in the pouring rain as we made a left turn to exit the venue, the castle nut stripped off the lower ball joint on the passenger side of the car, right in the middle of the exit. How many of you were having to divert around my not moving 68 chevelle convertible? The track people weren't much help but some guys from Australia, Canada, and Wisconsin jumped in, jacked the car up, and put it back together with a new castle nut and cotter key. The trip was uneventful from a breakdown point of view, albeit VERY HOT, until Thursday going into Wichita, when my new 100amp alternator gave up the ghost on I-235 just as we got into the construction zone, and the car just shut off. A Power Tour participant stopped with jumper cables, and we jumped the car long enough to get off the highway, and a local car guy stopped to help, and drove me to a parts store for a new battery, and then back again to replace the alternator. Once the car was running again, he lead us on surface streets to the venue. these are the kinds of things that keep us returning to Power Tour, The people we meet are AWESOME!!
        Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
        Gregg and Deb Miller
        Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by convss View Post
          Great Story, Ours is a little different, Starting with a faulty starter on Saturday replaced by the wonderful guys who make up the Chevy Motor Medics, then on Sunday, at Royal Purple Dragway at 5:30pm in the pouring rain as we made a left turn to exit the venue, the castle nut stripped off the lower ball joint on the passenger side of the car, right in the middle of the exit. How many of you were having to divert around my not moving 68 chevelle convertible? The track people weren't much help but some guys from Australia, Canada, and Wisconsin jumped in, jacked the car up, and put it back together with a new castle nut and cotter key. The trip was uneventful from a breakdown point of view, albeit VERY HOT, until Thursday going into Wichita, when my new 100amp alternator gave up the ghost on I-235 just as we got into the construction zone, and the car just shut off. A Power Tour participant stopped with jumper cables, and we jumped the car long enough to get off the highway, and a local car guy stopped to help, and drove me to a parts store for a new battery, and then back again to replace the alternator. Once the car was running again, he lead us on surface streets to the venue. these are the kinds of things that keep us returning to Power Tour, The people we meet are AWESOME!!
          The Wichita local even had a couple beers with us at the hotel - he was a nice guy to say the least Gregg.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Don't feel bad, about 15 years ago I had the same thing happen with the castle nut on my GTO...I had just completely a slow speed left turn when it stripped off the right lower ball joint. It was a mess to get it loaded into a trailer. In my case the threads on the balljoint were gone though and a new one had to be installed.
            Power Tour '16 Long Hauler, '17 Short Haul, West Coast for a few years now...
            1970 Pontiac GTO 455HO Convertible
            2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Maggie'd

Comment

Other than the heat and not getting everything as promised from Pilot, the Torino ran great, had some great meals at some great restaurants with some good friends.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by convss View Post

We all have our moments out in the sun. This is out in Las Vegas on a fine busy afternoon. Same deal. The castle nut was sitting on the control arm.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Thanks for reading and the comments you guys. I really appreciate it. And I agree that the HRPT is as much about the people as it is about the cars. Can't wait until next year!!

Comment

Working...
                  X