No announcement yet.

2017 Power Tour Route Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta think that would indicate that would then be the kickoff weekend. Or maybe I slept through that announcement & I am the only one that does not already know that?
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
      Anyone notice how expensive the hotels got at Kansas Speedway for June 3rd, 2017?
      Kansas City prices are just flat stupid anytime
      HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Originally posted by Gwood74 View Post
        Kansas City prices are just flat stupid anytime
        The following weekend the rates are "back to normal" or at least normal for that area. It also looks like some hotels have limited rooms left.

The speedway has not released anything on the schedule yet. .

Comment

Planning my 1st Power Tour this year. So I was hoping for insights and recommendations. How soon will hotels fill up. Is the route unique each year or do they repeat venues every few years? Is there a forum that I should check out? If Kansas City is the starting point what hotels should I be looking at?

Thanks,

Joe

Comment

Welcome aboard Joe, glad to see you!
            You will find some of the best PT info right here on BangShift. There are between 20 and 50 of us that use this forum pretty regularly, so news is nearly always here if not first, very soon after it's 'news'.
            If you can, check in on the Unofficial Countdown thread at the top of the page.......read a bit and you'll see how it goes.
            The route does vary from year to year, and they usually publish the 'stops' in October. They do seem to visit the same venues since the tour is concentrated in the Midwest, but not usually back to back. There are only so many places that can accommodate 3,000 to 4,000 cars. The official route between the stops (venues) will not be published until mid-May.

Hotels in the KC area close to the track (as with all venues) will be the most expensive. We will soon have a 'hotel' thread going, so you can watch where others are staying, if you want. There will lots of PT cars at every hotel within 20 miles, most likely.
            Don't hesitate to ask questions! Everyone here will bend over backwards to help you. It's a tradition among BangShifters. Again, welcome!
            Last edited by oletrux4evr; September 15, 2016, 05:35 PM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thank you for the information. I'm a total newbie to the tour, and the Midwest for that matter. Really looking forward to it. Right now it looks like I have three buddies bringing their cars out too. Once I'm east of Denver its going to be county I've never seen; can't wait!

Joe

Comment

Welcome aboard Joe. Since you will be coming from California to KC, here is a thread from another site about some guys in NorCal driving to Bowling Green for last years Tri-Five convention. Their route took them through KC. Thought that you might enjoy it since you mentioned having not been east of Denver before.

...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

HIE at Kansas Raceway is over $200.00 / night for the weekend of June 3rd. I don't ever remember Power Tour Starting the Saturday after Memorial Day.

Anyone have any information yet?

At those prices we will be staying elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                    HIE at Kansas Raceway is over $200.00 / night for the weekend of June 3rd. I don't ever remember Power Tour Starting the Saturday after Memorial Day.

Anyone have any information yet?

At those prices we will be staying elsewhere.
                    2006 - Kissimmee started on June 3rd. I always thought that it was the first Saturday of June - then last year they seemed to move it for some reason. I suspect that there was a conflict with one of the venues a week earlier. So either last year was anomaly and I lied to Rett OR they have changed their policy to do a week later to accommodate school schedules.

Comment

Trust factors are starting to slip a bit..
                      I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Allen, 2006 was before my time. I like hearing about the old days from the "more advanced generation" It is hard to believe I have done 8 tours so far. I never expected to do more than 1.

I did mention to someone with influence that moving the tour back a week would allow some of us to bring our kids. Not sure if it was that or a scheduling conflict, but it did not matter. I brought my son and had one of the best Power Tours ever, even with the extreme heat and some days with not a whole lot of scenery.

Rett, great to hear from you.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

2006 - Kissimmee started on June 3rd. I always thought that it was the first Saturday of June - then last year they seemed to move it for some reason. I suspect that there was a conflict with one of the venues a week earlier. So either last year was anomaly and I lied to Rett OR they have changed their policy to do a week later to accommodate school schedules.

I made reservations for KC about 2 weeks ago...(@ the Country Inn & Suites) I set them up for both the weekend of June 2/3rd and the 9/10th... rates were the same for both weekends at $95. per nite (Mil/Gov't rate) and no cancelation fees, so I can drop either weekend as needed based on the actual start date...
                          '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                          '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                          79 Trans Am project
                          ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Working...
                          X