• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok we're in!
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      In my case, I stumbled into the forum and over time I started meeting the people.
      I thought Matt invited you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

I thought Matt invited you ?
        No, I crashed into the forum and then out of the blue Matt invited me to lunch because we were not far apart on the map. I'd never seen or heard of Matt before he invited me to lunch somewhere south of Chattanooga. I was actually nervous - meeting somebody from a forum. Boy was I ever wrong about that.

And boy did Matt ever start something, this whole deal called fun in person. We went from the Steak N Shake to Maxton and.....well, the whole thing has cost me a whole lot of money, lots and lots, the best spent money I've ever spent in my entire life.

Damn you Matt! No, seriously, THANK YOU Matt! Always, and forever. WOW, what a ride it's been, all of it. Every bit of it. There are no finer people I've ever met in person than BangShifters.
        Last edited by pdub; July 10, 2016, 01:55 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Ya know what Steve? It kinda just gets huge, how BS has affected me. So many great and close friends. The interaction. All from typing on a computer screen. I've always been mouthy with my fingers, used to write a column in the local SC newspaper in the late 80's, had to wait two weeks to see it in print and hear what everybody thought about it. This thing called the internet is pretty dadgum amazing, at least the best part of it is. Unit and I met up because of typing on the internet years ago, if that's a bit of a clue.

Y'all don't bother to wonder about me for a week, I'm going on work duty in the morning. That's so depressing, I don't even look at BS because BS is fun, and work duty is NOT fun.

Comment

From the jam at 2:00 a.m. in the motel parking lot at the GearHead Diner gathering, I am reminded....I don't know a lot, but I know the chords to Alice's Restaurant. That's a 20-minute song. Between now and the Fall Tour.....I'm tempted to try that song. The whole thing. Does that sound like fun? I'll need some HELP, those are a lot of words.....a thousand words.....who's in?

Comment

I've been on the "Group W" bench, so I guess that qualifies me.
              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
              Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                From the jam at 2:00 a.m. in the motel parking lot at the GearHead Diner gathering, I am reminded....I don't know a lot, but I know the chords to Alice's Restaurant. That's a 20-minute song. Between now and the Fall Tour.....I'm tempted to try that song. The whole thing. Does that sound like fun? I'll need some HELP.....who's in?

Uh.....PeeWee......did you forget who yer dealing with.....this is BangShift!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1118215[/ATTACH]

!!!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by papasmurf587; August 10, 2016, 06:55 PM.
                John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                Western North Carolina

Comment

Okay, never mind. I forgot I can't play and talk. That takes three brains. I can play and sing, but that's singing along with the song. I can't play and talk. Alice's Restaurant, I can't do that one, even if I knew all of the words. I know them, but I can't remember them. And that's playing and talking and that takes three brains and I have less than one brain. Never mind. Maybe Diane will bring some more Jello shots and I won't partake of those either because I'm messed up enough already.

Comment

Are we there yet? Just sayin.

Comment

Anyone have Bruce's baked bean recipe for what he made last year? I sent him a pm, but I want to make them tomorrow, so if you have it, please send it on to me!

Comment

It's all about driving around and being friends. The Gearhead Spring and Fall tours....WOW. AND the parties on Friday and Saturday night. Racket. Noise. Laughter.

Terri assured me that she and Vic will be there in the fall. Restaurant or not. I was doubtful, what about the restaurant, it's a full-time business. Terri said, "But now we have some HELP." HAHAHAHAH!!! HELP, more than NO HELP.

We're already jacked up for it. Can't wait. Who's coming? Are we there yet?

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                          Anyone have Bruce's baked bean recipe for what he made last year? I sent him a pm, but I want to make them tomorrow, so if you have it, please send it on to me!
                          Start with a quality canned baked bean like B&M or Bushes.
                          Add brown sugar, diced Vidalia onions, honey, mustard, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger. Quantity to taste.
                          Bake at 300 for 1.5 hours.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Thanks Bruce!

Comment

Gettin' close.....we'll be there!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	15GHI5.png
Views:	43
Size:	879.3 KB
ID:	1123296
                              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                              Western North Carolina

Comment

You were jamming too!
                                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                                X