No announcement yet.

2017 HRPT car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$600 is a great price. I need to have the trunk lid on my Malibu done and the guy here wants $400.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
      $600 is a great price. I need to have the trunk lid on my Malibu done and the guy here wants $400.

You want to see what Timmy will do?
      Last edited by Andy4639; September 5, 2016, 05:38 AM.
      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
        I talked to Timmy as well. His day job is a painter for a collision place, but he also does side work out of his shop at his house.

Did you see my fubared driver side A-pillar? I killed rust that creeped up from a bad seam seal job, epoxy, seam seal, epoxy, then touch up paint from a bottle so now my A-pillar looks like crap (but I did it to stop the rust). He says he can do small spot repairs and blends, so I'm going to take my Mustang to him in October to see what he can do. I need the A-pillar fixed and 3 or 4 quarter sized areas I want to get fixed as well.

Honestly, $400 isn't that bad for a trunk that large either. With it having automotive chemicals on it that caused the paint to strip, he's going to have to take it to bare metal. I'm also assuming that $400 includes a blend onto the surrounding panels.
        Last edited by Jesse James 80; September 5, 2016, 06:05 PM.
        1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
        1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
        1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

This was something that leaked on it from transport. In all the pics and video I got this did not show up. And the $400 was me removing the lid and taking it to him. If I wanted it blended that would be more. He said since the paint job is newer it should be fine.

Andy, that would be cool. I'll send you a pic of the lid.
          Visit my sons blog:

Comment

No problem man! Glad I could help. Timmy will do it right and I can honestly say he is as good as they come.
            Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

I'm in. Just have to come up with a time to get up with you.
              Visit my sons blog:

Comment

Working...
              X