No announcement yet.

Power Tour Debrief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to complain a whole lot due to the fact that I finally got my first long haul done. But with two young kids, a wife that has no interest I am busy when home so this is my chance to get out and see cars I don't see around home. For the most part if I don't hit another car show the rest of the summer I can deal with it. The two things that did burn me is the vendors only giving driver only items with two credentials and one vendors people bitching because they had to be there as you make small talk getting magnets. As a kid and still under 40 I haven't traveled much out of the Midwest I would like to go West or see the Ocean. I have seen the Gulf a few times and this year I was grateful to Big Dave suggesting the gulf route to Baytown.
    HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
      I was very discouraged with this year's route.
      I was too. It was a factor in not going this year as I knew it would be very hot and flat.
      I've only done the Tour once (2014) but part of the fun of it for me was the back roads as others have mentioned.

2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
      1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
      1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by a_d_a_m View Post
        I was too. It was a factor in not going this year as I knew it would be very hot and flat.
        I've only done the Tour once (2014) but part of the fun of it for me was the back roads as others have mentioned.
        That's why we didn't go too. Hoping to be back next year.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post

That's why we didn't go too. Hoping to be back next year.
          hope you're back nextyear! you made a good call to sit this one out, we put A/C in for this year, and it worked great, as long as we were in the car, and moving. venues were mostly on blacktop, no shade, and VERY HOT!!
          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
          Gregg and Deb Miller
          Verona, Wi.

Comment

Working...
          X