Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil / Omaha

Comment

• I'm booked in on the west side of KSC/KS and the east side KSC/MO. Counting on one or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluestripe67 View Post
        I'm booked in on the west side of KSC/KS and the east side KSC/MO. Counting on one or the other.

agreed......seems like some folks stayed with the area around the Kansas Speedway, then....some went to Overland Park, then....some went east, toward Arrowhead and Kaufmann stadium, then....some went to Independence, MO.....it's getting crazy, anyone know any good info?

Comment

• We went over to Independence to get a leg up on hitting the road Sunday morning. That, IMO, being the best day on the route. However if the venue stays on the KCK side we will keep our rooms there.
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• I emailed PT2017 to see if they had changed their refund policy and they have. This year there are no refunds on registration fees after April.

Comment

• Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
              We went over to Independence to get a leg up on hitting the road Sunday morning. That, IMO, being the best day on the route. However if the venue stays on the KCK side we will keep our rooms there.

Even if the venue moves to the stadiums the route goes up I-35 North which is West of the stadiums and Independence is East of the stadiums so you will have to head West in the morning where you could grab I-435 to I-35.

Comment

• Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas city has been announced!
                2016 Corvette Stingray "Ariel"

Comment

• Originally posted by edznova View Post
                  Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas city has been announced!
                  Thanks for the update! Glad I made an extra reservation just up the road from there :-)
                  (Best Western Truman Inn, Independence, MO)
                  Last edited by Redline04; March 14, 2017, 06:45 PM.
                  '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                  '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                  79 Trans Am project
                  ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• I canceled my reservation at the speedway and got a place across the street. Its going to fill up fast.
                    2016 Corvette Stingray "Ariel"

Comment

• I moved myself......closer to Arrowhead....there are some hotels close......Drury Inn, Holiday Inn Express, many others.....
                      Last edited by rexdogg; March 14, 2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redline04 View Post

Thanks for the update! Glad I made an extra reservation just up the road from there :-). (Best Western Truman Inn)
                        We are there too John. It's in Indepedence, MO.
                        Last edited by moparjim71; March 14, 2017, 06:55 PM.
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• I recommend you do not stay close to the stadium..........I'm in Independence now.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I've been through Independence a few times and mainly stayed east of Nolan Road, but the prices on those hotels have been jacked up for months. How bad is the area directly around the stadium? Drury, Four Points Sheridan and a few other 3 star hotels are within blocks so I was hoping the area would be nice enough that hotel security wouldn't be a problem.
                            GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

• We just moved to the Best Western Truman Inn also.
                              Tony and Angie
                              1968 Camaro RS/SS, 2013 Camaro HWSE
                              1977 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am WS6
                              HRPT 2010,2011,2012,2013,2015

Comment

• Originally posted by 200kss View Post
                                I've been through Independence a few times and mainly stayed east of Nolan Road, but the prices on those hotels have been jacked up for months. How bad is the area directly around the stadium? Drury, Four Points Sheridan and a few other 3 star hotels are within blocks so I was hoping the area would be nice enough that hotel security wouldn't be a problem.
                                I wouldn't stay to close to stadium. We moved to Holiday Inn Express in Independence. Hopefully route runs straight up Highway 65 or 69.
                                Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

Working...
                                X