2017 Power Tour Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cruzr View Post

From what I have gathered this is what I am understanding thus far ....
    we will spend 6/10 at Kansas speedway then over night in the KC area leaving on 6/11,
    drive to Iowa (location 1 ?) on 6/11,
    drive to Iowa (Location 2?) 6/12,
    drive to Illinois (Location 1) 6/13,
    drive to Gateway motor sports park and stay in Madison / St Louis area 6/14, drive to Lucas Oil raceway and stay in Brownsburg Ind area 6/15,
    hen onto Kentucky 6/16 (Location?) for Friday

I guess my main question is about 6/10 & 6/11 ... I will need a room in KC for 6/11.. correct?

All this presuming our unofficial schedule becomes official

Thanks,

Joe
    Joe - The way most folks do it is to spend the night in the city listed for that day. So if we are in KC on 6/10 you will want to book in KC that night. Madison/St Louis you would want to book for 6/14 etc.. After rereading your post it looks like you get it. Hope this helps and doesn't add to the confusion.

Also - The schedule you have above is the best info we have to date that has any credible backup.
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• You're leaving off Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, their schedule on the their website shows we are there on June 15th.
      HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

• Does anyone have the address for the first stop in Kansas City?

Danford1

Comment

• Thanks for all the help! Its appreciated

Joe

Comment

• Originally posted by danford1 View Post
            Does anyone have the address for the first stop in Kansas City?

Danford1
            400 speedway boulevard KCK 66111 kansasspeedway.com

Comment

• Originally posted by danford1 View Post
              Does anyone have the address for the first stop in Kansas City?

Danford1
              if it stays at the Kansas Speedway.......400 Speedway Blvd., Kansas City, KS

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwood74 View Post
                You're leaving off Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, their schedule on the their website shows we are there on June 15th.
                Cruzr had it right behind the 6/14 part. He just ran 6/14 & 6/15 together on the same line.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Heads Up, Something is happening at HotRod.com. The Events/power-tour link is now redirecting to an article about the 2011 Power Tour.
                  Seems like something is about to happen.
                  Last edited by Algebrat; January 24, 2017, 07:56 PM.
                  Detroit Diesel ain't noise pollution.

Comment

• That one ended at the Proving Grounds. About 290 between the two. Not undoable.
                    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Originally posted by Algebrat View Post
                      Heads Up, Something is happening at HotRod.com. The Events/power-tour link is now redirecting to an article about the 2011 Power Tour.
                      Seems like something is about to happen.
                      From post on Facebook it sounds like past vip purchasers got an email saying registration is open tomorrow.

Comment

• The Richard Petty school doesn't have that many people, besides that would just be infield only.
                        HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

• I saw the HR page changes. Interesting!

Comment

• GAME ON!!

Comment

• June 10 – Kansas City (Location TBA)
                              June 11 – Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
                              June 12 – Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds in Davenport, Iowa
                              June 13 – University of Illinois (State Farm Center) in Champaign, Illinois
                              June 14 – Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Illinois
                              June 15 – Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Indiana
                              June 16 – Bowling Green Warren County Regional Airport in Bowling Green, Kentucky
                              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                              74 Nova Project
                              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                              79 Chevy Truck Project
                              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• That's odd KC is "TBA". Must be a race or something that weekend? The track was a nice venue with easy access and a ton of parking.

I like the route. Kinda sucks I'm not going to make it this year.

They also raised prices again. Sucks if you're a local and just want to go for a single day... $50/venue for a single day for pre and $60/day for onsite? I guess I would just park outside and walk in for that kind of $.
                                Last edited by Jesse James 80; January 25, 2017, 08:46 AM.
                                1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                                1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                                1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X