No announcement yet.

2017 Power Tour Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, maybe Springfield to Duquoin and back up to Indy.
    Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

• Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
      Nice find Chris.

If Bowling Green is the last stop, the venue could be NCM Motorsports Park. Lots to do in BG that weekend if it is the venue...
      Maybe some autocross or run on the track

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
        have not heard anything yet, but.....if the tour leaves Iowa, and then hits two stops in Illinois, before the dragstrip in Indianapolis, maybe Champaign or Springfield would be options....or maybe down to Gateway in Madison, then up to mid-Illinois, or....maybe mid-Illinois, and then to Route 66 raceway in Joliet, IL....or.....
        Like everyone else, I just keep thinking on it... Could take a scenic river drive from Davenport down to Gateway, then follow Route 66 back north to Route 66 raceway, then down to Indianapolis, or the near-reverse of that; Davenport to Route 66 raceway, then follow Rt-66 down to Gateway, then East to Indy. Either flows along with the zig zag theory.
        I remember a lot of folks in 2015 wishing the route had followed at least part of Rt-66 as we went from Wisconsin to Champaign... maybe they're trying to make that happen this year.
        Last edited by Redline04; December 9, 2016, 10:56 PM.
        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
        79 Trans Am project
        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post

Maybe some autocross or run on the track
          I checked the schedule at NCM, the track has nothing scheduled for June 9th.

Comment

• Originally posted by htrdharley View Post

I checked the schedule at NCM, the track has nothing scheduled for June 9th.
            Guessing that the tour goes into BG/NCM/Race Track, it's June 15/16. Not sure of your reference to the 9th. The track schedule is open on the 15th.

Comment

• Originally posted by sangell View Post
              Hello all, new to the sight and the Power Tour other than I attended a stop in KC (Overland Park KS) back in the mid to late 90s. I will be Long Hauling in 2017 with my 16 year old son in his 71 C10 with a 5.3 and t-56. We plan to camp a few of the nights but didn't know if that was allowed, 2017 worked out great for us as we live about 20 miles from the KS Speedway. Thank You all for the information and look forward to this.
              Snagell
              Camping????? what a great idea,,,,,,,,,awesome time to spend with your son,

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluestripe67 View Post

Guessing that the tour goes into BG/NCM/Race Track, it's June 15/16. Not sure of your reference to the 9th. The track schedule is open on the 15th.
                Your right, typing faster than my brain was working...

If it is not at the NCM track, I am not sure how it will work out at Beach Bend Raceway. Between PT and NHRA it will be a very busy little road.

The only other possibility is the airport which was a venue a few years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by gotboost495 View Post

Snagell
                  Camping????? what a great idea,,,,,,,,,awesome time to spend with your son,

Thank you, my son is a scout and will have earned his Eagle before this trip so we are well versed and set up to camp so I figured why not use what we have to save a little money and get some more father/son time.

Comment

• Hope the dates in here are right, I had to submit to get vacation! Looking forward to long haul this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by YJ_Aaron View Post
                      Hope the dates in here are right, I had to submit to get vacation! Looking forward to long haul this year.
                      We have until mid February to turn ours in. That is bad enough.

Comment

• Normally I do but June is "off limits" for vacation normally. So to pull it off I had to do my best sales job this year.

Comment

• More confirmation for Indy:

Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                          79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
                            Thanks NovaMan looks pretty solid
                            2016 Corvette Stingray "Ariel"

Comment

• Put a stamp on that!

Comment

• Now for the IA and IL stops.....

I have heard or seen any rumblings more than the obvious, the same places from previous years. Impatiently waiting!
                                GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Working...
                                X