No announcement yet.

2017 Power Tour Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually became aware of it from watching a documentary on TV about the first Power Tour. I was hooked at that point but with wife and two kids to raise and educated it was put on back burner. Around 2003 I found a 1992 Chevy P/U and started to build the truck of my dreams. However and event hit the New Orleans area called Katrina in 2005.Truck project was pretty much ruined. By mid 2010 my wife passed away, one son out of college one still in college. It was January 2011 and I was in Michigan working on a oil & gas project when I found a news story about the tour. I set out to find me a hot rod and do the tour. As luck would have it I found a 1990 Chevy P/U in Lancing Michigan that had been built just the way I was going to built the '92. Made the deal over the phone, flew to Lancing, picked it up and drove it back to New Orleans. Made to tour in 2011 and everyone since then.
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Well I have decided for my 50th birthday I am going to do the power tour of date stays,the same
      I have a,67 ss impala to finish between now and then. My girl asked what I want to do for my 50 the I told her want to do my first power tour with the impala,. She laughed and said ya right that car has not seen road in years,. Well its,time the car and I spend birthday together. This will be the first time I am from Detroit area,I have a feeling the tour will end in Pontiac mi at a new facility call M 1 ROAD kill did a big event for woodward cruise there in August just my thoughts. Looking forward to seeing where and when

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldoggy View Post
        Well I have decided for my 50th birthday I am going to do the power tour of date stays,the same
        I have a,67 ss impala to finish between now and then. My girl asked what I want to do for my 50 the I told her want to do my first power tour with the impala,. She laughed and said ya right that car has not seen road in years,. Well its,time the car and I spend birthday together. This will be the first time I am from Detroit area,I have a feeling the tour will end in Pontiac mi at a new facility call M 1 ROAD kill did a big event for woodward cruise there in August just my thoughts. Looking forward to seeing where and when

Welcome Aboard the Forum!! You'll get addicted to the Tour once you do it...
        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
        79 Trans Am project
        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Hey Bulldoggy glad to see you on board. Lots of crazy gearheads here to get to know. Looking forward to seeing you on PT (Power Tour).
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

I've been looking into going again, when are the dates usually out for this?
            Long Haul 2012

Comment

Usually at the LongHauler's ceremony. They didn't have one this year, so they didn't put any info out whatsoever..........we're all wondering the same thing. Traditionally they begin on the first Saturday in June, but to help further muddy the waters, we started on the second Saturday this year. It does make it a bit difficult to schedule vacation time, doesn't it?
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

When checking hotel prices in KC I noticed the second Saturday was higher priced than June 3rd.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Maybe someone will here something at SEMA on an official date/ending location?
                  GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                    When checking hotel prices in KC I noticed the second Saturday was higher priced than June 3rd.
                    That might be a clue, Jim. Thx.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

I tweeted Roadkill yesterday and they said to wait till the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                        They definitely went up on the second Saturday. Hopefully they announce something at SEMA.

Comment

What is in Kentucky that would make for a good venue?
                          Visit my sons blog:
                          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Somerset. Bowling Green. Maybe others.
                            Last edited by oletrux4evr; October 31, 2016, 07:08 PM.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

We have been wanting to go back to Somerset. Haven't been there since 2009. Tremendous community support there! The Tri-Five Nationals has spent the last two years in Bowling Green. Love the town but boy do the hotels do their best to rip you off.
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

was in Somerset awhile back, aside from the Power Tour......great place.....Bowling Green was also a great stop.....I guess we will see where the tour goes

Comment

Working...
                                X