• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrfred8 View Post
    Posted on facebook. Hardcopy of gateway motorsports park schedule
    That works ... well done !

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

That works ... well done !
      Would be nice to get something official. We have seen wrong info printed on stuff in the past.

Comment

• KC Saturday...............Sunday?................Mond ay?..............Tuesday?..............Gateway Wednesday?
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
          KC Saturday...............Sunday?................Mond ay?..............Tuesday?..............Gateway Wednesday?
          Slowly, but we're getting there. Thanks for the Gateway info .
          Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

• Originally posted by 71Z-28 View Post

Slowly, but we're getting there. Thanks for the Gateway info .

Can anyone post a link to the Gateway info?.....Gateway on Wednesday leaves a trip of about 3 hours, a little more than 200 miles (via interstate) to Indy.....thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
              Can anyone post a link to the Gateway info?.....Gateway on Wednesday leaves a trip of about 3 hours, a little more than 200 miles (via interstate) to Indy.....thoughts?
              mrfred8 posted this pic on page 17 (which for some reason I cannot access)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9751.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1142392

The events before and after check out through different sources (Gateway website for Nascar and Rusty Wallace website).
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post

Back roads Rex, back roads.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• And a lunch stop in Effingham.... (Pure guess, but it's along the way).

Now what "college" will the 1st Illinois stop take place? I put out a feeler and one of the two Champaign colleges which have been stops in the past is denying anything about the Tour this year.
                  GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

• I would like to see Tue night at Route 66 Dragway in Joilet. (That night is open on their fairly busy schedule) Then cruise down Route 66 to Gateway, stop at the plentiful road side attractions. Just thinking it would be a cool route to Gateway. The Route 66 museum is on the way, in Pontiac, ILL.
                    Has the tour ever gone on Route 66?

I made 17 reservations in Illinois today. I hope I hit on something.
                    Last edited by Algebrat; January 24, 2017, 02:29 PM.
                    Detroit Diesel ain't noise pollution.

Comment

• 17 reservations may be a record, good job.

2 stroke or Series 60 fan?
                      GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

• Turbo aluminum 6v53. If it wasn't a 2 stroke, it would just be another diesel.
                        Might be the only supercharged and turbocharged engine on the tour.

Detroit Diesel ain't noise pollution.

Comment

• From what I have gathered this is what I am understanding thus far ....
                          we will spend 6/10 at Kansas speedway then over night in the KC area leaving on 6/11,
                          drive to Iowa (location 1 ?) on 6/11,
                          drive to Iowa (Location 2?) 6/12,
                          drive to Illinois (Location 1) 6/13,
                          drive to Gateway motor sports park and stay in Madison / St Louis area 6/14,
                          drive to Lucas Oil raceway and stay in Brownsburg Ind area 6/15,
                          then onto Kentucky 6/16 (Location?) for Friday

I guess my main question is about 6/10 & 6/11 ... I will need a room in KC for 6/11.. correct?

All this presuming our unofficial schedule becomes official

Thanks,

Joe
                          Last edited by Cruzr; January 24, 2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Kansas Speedway says June 10-11 is Richard Petty driving experience. We will probably get shut out of track again.

Comment

• So where would we be in KC if we are shut out of the track

Comment

• Originally posted by Cruzr View Post
                                So where would we be in KC if we are shut out of the track
                                We were in the parking lot last year on Friday (Roadkill had an event on Saturday inside the track. I would think that Power Tour and the Richard Petty thing could happen at the same time and place given enough parking.
                                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                                74 Nova Project
                                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                                79 Chevy Truck Project
                                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
                                X