Magnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnets

Who is giving away magnets? I remember MSD, Staybil (spelling) and Royal Purple.

Anyone else giving them away? I thought there was one more?
    "I live with fear and danger every day, & sometimes she lets me go racing"

Long Hauler 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016

only one i got today was msd. stabil gave away a shirt

Comment

MSD and pilot. That's it this year.
      Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 11, 2016, 02:08 PM.
      1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
      1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
      1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

pilot had a giveaway but wasnt it more of a card?

Comment

They are doing the transport give a way again. They gave me a form to fill out (I think it might of just had instructions how to do it online) and in addition to filling out the form, they told me in order to win you have to have collected all of their magnets at each stop... I'll have to go through my pile to find the card with instructions.

They also gave me a sticker to put on car... if they see you somewhere along route they will hand out $100 fuel cards.
          Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 11, 2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Found my Pilot card, it just says "Collect all 6 magnets and show them on Friday for a chance to win free transportation for your car to and from the 2017 HRPT. We will pick your car up (from anywhere in the lower 48) deliver it to the beginning of HRPT and then get it back home. TWO prizes will be awarded".

Not sure what that means "show magnets" I guess you have to get in a line on Friday and register in person? Maybe that will thin the herd and we'll have a better chance of winning.

Comment

Pilot is handing out magnets that form the photo on the 'card'..........I see some swapping coming!
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Yeah, I asked again today, and the guy asked me if I had the last two days, I said yes, he said OK, because we're only giving them out to people who have all of them. Maybe if you sweet talk them they will give you the previous days?

What you're supposed to do is collect them all, then get in line on Friday with all the magnets, then you can sign up for the drawing for the Transport. I would love to take my C10 next year, it would be awesome to win. I kinda like that, because it will "thin the herd".
                Last edited by Jesse James 80; June 13, 2016, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Isn't the drive to and fro. part of the fun...
                  seems just wrong to have it shipped...

Comment

Have a complete set of MSD magnets, Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                      Yeah, I asked again today, and the guy asked me if I had the last two days, I said yes, he said OK, because we're only giving them out to people who have all of them. Maybe if you sweet talk them they will give you the previous days?

What you're supposed to do is collect them all, then get in line on Friday with all the magnets, then you can sign up for the drawing for the Transport. I would love to take my C10 next year, it would be awesome to win. I kinda like that, because it will "thin the herd".
                      Got to the venue late on Saturday, went to Pilot and they were out of magnets. Guy tells me to stop by the next day to get day 1 and 2. I do that on Sunday and they tell me no one ever said that. I did not go back the rest of the week. I have too much fun driving to and from PT.

Comment

I have a complete set of both Pilot and MSD if anyone needs a missing one or two.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Since I had to send Robert in to get ours most day's I don't know which one is what day but I know I have an extra one that has pilot on it and the one with the grill of the truck. Some of the day's they would give him one for each card other days they would tell only one for the driver card?
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Between the rain and the heat,there wasn't much consistency with Pilot and their magnet and gas card giveaways. I agree that winning their transportation prize negates part of the enjoyment of the trip, getting there, and getting back! Then what do you do, buy plane tickets to get yourself to and from the start and finish points?
                            Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                            Gregg and Deb Miller
                            Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              I have a complete set of both Pilot and MSD if anyone needs a missing one or two.
                              The Pilot set is spoken for. Still have the MSDs.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                              X