X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

175 - Out $92.48

Comment

I think we're still going to get them.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Yes Jim, of course you are. Here's an update for those that are interested:

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
        November 16, 2016 7pm

Okay, okay, I know you all want updates! It's been a crazy couple of days with Daphne starting chemo, Street Car Super Nationals starting tomorrow, the house getting cleaned up, etc, etc. But it's been good. Here is the breakdown.

So we get to the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Care Center on Monday morning, meet with our Oncologist Dr. Hu, and we're figuring that chemo WON'T start because Daphne has been fighting a low grade fever and we know that the last chest x-ray showed pneumonia was coming back in her right lung.

When the doctor's crew went to weigh Daphne she had a look of dread on her face because ever since we got home from the hospital she's been fighting taste buds that were not happy about salt. And yet eating things without salt sucked and made her not really want to eat even though she knew she had to. Like a good girl she ate even when she didn't want to, knowing that putting on weight was important before starting chemo. So when the scale said that she weighed just over 101 lbs, she put her arms in the air and was all excited! Then she started coughing. Ain't life a bitch. But she quickly recovered, we talked with Dr. Hu, and he said that we were starting chemo today anyway and that we'd kick the pneumonia's ass right along with the cancer because killing the cancer would keep the pneumonia from coming back.

We gave him a thumbs up and headed back out to registration so they could find us a bed. We got assigned to the room right below the one we were in here before, when Daphne crashed and had to have emergency surgery and all that crap, and Daphne was not too thrilled about the whole prospect.

As she was starting chemo I had to head for home to get live broadcast equipment ready for Brian and this weekend's Street Car Super Nationals. Daphne and I are both disappointed we won't be there, but we're glad that we're on the road to kicking cancers ass so it's okay.

Day 1 went well, even though I wasn't there for the first hour or the nasty stuff, and slowly but surely her fears were melting away. Then day 2 came, and went well too, and she finally got where she could relax a bit about it. Pain killers, anti nausea drugs, antibiotics, some happy pills, and who knows what else are flowing into her like a Top Fuel motor. Aeromotive Fuel Systems should be making pumps for chemo.

Getting ready for bed last night she was sleepy, feeling good about her first two days, and thrilled that they gave her a muscle relaxant for the back pain she'd been experiencing for weeks. She carries her stress in her back all the time and the muscle relaxant was magic.

She wasn't feeling any bad side effects either. She was eating good, sleeping off and on throughout the day (which actually bothers her because she thinks it is wrong to sleep during the day), and we even went for a walk around the floor after dinner. The one funny side effect is the fact that she started puffing up, from retaining water, about 36 hours ago now. Last night it was pretty good and her feet, hands, and face were puff city. The other side effect of retaining water? Weight gain! Yep, my girl is getting big! In fact, heavier than she's been since pregnant with Cole Reynolds[/URL]. And tonight she almost hit her all time high! She's almost 120 lbs right now, which is really what she'd love to weigh actually but obviously without the puffiness and water being the weight. The doctors say it will go down once we're at home and not on fluids, and nobody seems too worried about it. It feels funny, but doesn't hurt so we're good with it for now.

So we're almost done with "Day 3" and we're also almost done with the second bag of the Red Devil chemo drugs that Daphne refuses to give that much credit. She and her nurse Becky decided it was going to be called Fluffy Bunny because it's just not that scary. LOL

So when this bag is done, in a few hours, we'll start our third and final of the Fluffy Bunny and then we're in the home stretch. Daphne had Lobster for dinner tonight. Yes, lobster and with a shrimp cocktail to start actually. It's a good thing it was good because lunch sucked balls and I had to grab her something else to eat instead of the Turkey Divan that was on the menu. Which brings me to my one complaint about Norris. Even though we are only a block away from Keck Hospital, the food situation here sucks. The cafeteria is tiny, and the food selection very very small as well. Some stuff is okay, but overall nothing like the cafeteria in Keck. And there isn't anything else around. Oh and this morning instead of decaf coffee from a pot they brought decaf instant coffee. Sanka in fact! I didn't even know they made that still!

Nothing that doesn't require driving that is. But since there is no parking garage here, and you have to park in Valet which doesn't allow overnight parking, I have to go down before 7:30 (which I've just missed FYI) to get the keys and park on the street where it is free from 8pm to 8am. Then in the morning I roll down and grab the Suburban off the street and bring it back to the valet. It's a circus. But it's our circus.

At least this morning I drive a couple miles away to Don Pedro's Palenque restaurant and had an amazing breakfast burrito that was so good I let it burn my mouth while eating every bite because it was so tasty. I might need another one tomorrow. We'll see.

So now we're sitting in the room, Daphne is filing her nails, and trying to forget about her back pain. She woke up this morning saying that she hadn't slept as good as last night in years. Then she went until almost noon before taking pain meds or muscle relaxants. Bad idea. She's spent the entire afternoon and evening trying to catch back up. They just dosed her with some more pain meds, and she's going to take a shower after this back of Fluffy Bunny and then it's off to bed for what I hope will be another good night of sleeping.

And speaking of sleeping, I do have to give credit to Norris for having the roll away bed in the room so I actually have a real place to sleep. It's nice. I have my own little cubby in the corner with my bed and it is far better than sleeping in a recliner.

Dr Hu came to check on us tonight, we're rolling into our third night, and we're feeling optimistic about tomorrow. If our math is correct we'll be done with the last bag of fluffy bunny sometime early early Friday morning so we'll hope to be home by lunch time. Woot woot!

I'm proud of my girl, she isn't feeling great, but she's handling it good. And quite honestly if her back didn't hurt she'd be in fine shape. She's going to need some massage and acupuncture or something and then she should be good. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, we both really appreciate it. I'll try for another update tomorrow.

We love you all.

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
          Update: 11/18/2016 9:30 am

Technically we are done with this round of chemo!!! Woot woot. As of about 11:30 last night, Daphne has been unhooked from chemo drugs and in fact slept without being attached to anything.

She's eating breakfast as we speak and just got hooked up to an IV for some magnesium that she is low on. Her hemoglobins are a little low, as expected after chemo, so they'll be adding some back as well before we leave.

She's still coughing, although not as bad as she has before, which will take a week or two to start really going away, and it could take another round or two before it is completely gone. We'll see. The x-rays they took this morning are to see how the fluid situation is going and how her pneumonia is looking after being on antibiotics for the past couple days. We assume they'll be giving us more of them to take orally over the next few days.

She also has a couple of other annoying things going on. Her throat is sore, and we don't know if that's a chemo thing, an oxygen flow thing, a snoring thing, or what. And then there is the taste buds thing. Food is tasting fine...except for the first bite. Literally the first bite of food is like taking a giant bite of lemon. You know where the back corners of your mouth pucker up and water and it makes you squeeze your eyes shut and all that? This is happening the first bite, regardless of what it is, and then again if she waits more than a minute to eat another bite. If she sits there and eats normal it is only the first bite that is weird.

Weird.

Her water retention has gone down by a few kilos and she's looking much more normal again. She hasn't looked at herself in the mirror, just in her own photos from her phone, but I can tell that not looking like a snausage is making her feel better.

We are now waiting to see what else we have to do today to go home and then we'll be back here on Monday morning for a follow up with the Oncologist and then we'll schedule our next chemo which I believe will be the 5th of December. We shall see.

Cross your fingers, send your prayers, and good thoughts, that we'll be going home in the next few hours.
          We love you all.

Comment

Good luck to both of you Chad and Daphne this is a rough time I had to go through it with my sister for two years but she has been cancer free for tweenty years now. Take care, good luck, and we love you both too!!
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

202 Free shipping over $50 cost me $12.48.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                Like most, they hope they have a happy ending.. but B/S has chad and Brian.... if one is dealing with a wife that is sick and IS job #1 to make feel the best they can..
                You hand off the issue, to the business partner.. WHY hasn't Brian picked up the ball and run with it..
                It is not that hard to print out shipping labels and send them to Bob.. either by mail or email.. Companies do it daily sending Return labels.. Anyone with a ups store.. can do this..
                Google is showing on in the next town over from him.. Rockland ,ma. and a ups sorting building/ups shipping store in Brockton ma.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                  ... if one is dealing with a wife that is sick ...
                  You make it sound like Daphne has a cold. I have wanted to remove this thread on many occasions, but each time I wind up leaving it, for everyone to see ... so by all means, carry on.

Comment

You make it sound like Daphne has a cold. I have wanted to remove this thread on many occasions, but each time I wind up leaving it, for everyone to see ... so by all means, carry on.
                    Think you missed the point.. one is dealing with personal problems.. and rightfully so, but that is when the other partner picks up the ball..
                    I didn't make it sound like she only has a cold..
                    I pointed out how every other partnership in business handles things when one has personal issues that are more important..
                    it's 200 days + ..
                    no reason for it...
                    Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; December 27, 2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

No, I did not miss your point ... I'm wondering that since this issue has nothing to do with you, why you are trying so hard to instigate strife?

Comment

Ok...........it's a frigging t shirt for god's sake............I understand rasdog's frustration and I know Chad and Brian have a lot of moving parts
                        going on in their life right now
                        Rasdog...........if you have a PayPal account pm me your info and I'll personally refund your money.......and I mean this in the sincerest of ways my friend

I'm old, crusty .........and life's short

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          Ok...........it's a frigging t shirt for god's sake............I understand rasdog's frustration and I know Chad and Brian have a lot of moving parts
                          Rasdog...........if you have a PayPal account pm me your info and I'll personally refund your money.......and I mean this in the sincerest of ways my friend

Thanks Monk for the offer! But I'm going to donate the 2 shirts and sweat shirt or $92.48 to Chad if he needs it or he can pay it forward to a good cause of his choice,

Comment

No, I did not miss your point ... I'm wondering that since this issue has nothing to do with you, why you are trying so hard to instigate strife?
                            Instigate strife???
                            REALLY..
                            question for you, mr MOD.. have you addressed this with Brian.. that people are still waiting for items they paid for..??
                            instead of asking why I'm commenting on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post

how many other people are on the payroll that could be taking care of it..
                              Or is eric road and Mc, mopar dealing with sicknesses also?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                                how many other people are on the payroll that could be taking care of it?
                                Payroll?
                                Are you delusional ?

Comment

Working...
                                X