Car security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car security

For all the veterans. Is this a big concern? I have a 1975 Trans Am. Is there something I should consider for it? A Club, an alarm, sleep with one eye open or just not sweat it at all?

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
      Hadn't seen that one in a long time, funny stuff!! In my opinion don't sweat it. My first one seven years ago I was in my 71 conv Vette, a little nervous to start but when I got there and saw the onslaught of beautiful rides I never gave it a second thought. But if have some security say a club go ahead and use it, won't hurt!
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Always park next to someone with a nicer car than yours !

Comment

It's easy enough to pull a fuse or disconnect a connector while checking oil before turning in for the night. Might not stop them but they will have to trouble shoot first. Hard to get a tow vehicle in most of those parking lots with out drawing attention.
          Last edited by mike327; May 29, 2016, 04:23 AM.
          I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Originally posted by mike327 View Post
            It's easy enough to pull a fuse or disconnect a connector while checking oil before turning in for the night. Might not stop them but they will have to trouble shoot first. Hard to get a tow vehicle in most of those parking lots with out drawing attention.

there's usually (not always, but more often than not) PT folks who are up and around in the parking lots fairly late.....then others are up and awake very early as well....meaning, there are folks up and around at almost all hours.....at any rate, maybe disconnect the battery, or the distributor?.....that wouldn't stop a tow truck, though......in all of the recent years, I've only heard of one car being taken (a story told through others).......
            Last edited by rexdogg; May 29, 2016, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
              Always park next to someone with a nicer car than yours !
              That should be easy to find.

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post

there's usually (not always, but more often than not) PT folks who are up and around in the parking lots fairly late.....then others are up and awake very early as well....meaning, there are folks up and around at almost all hours.....at any rate, maybe disconnect the battery, or the distributor?.....that wouldn't stop a tow truck, though......in all of the recent years, I've only heard of one car being taken (a story told through others).......
                I was kinda thinking that would probably be the case. Someone always out and about. As long as I find a hotel with other tourers.

Comment

In the 5 years I've been part of the tour I can't ever recall anyone having a issue and word of something like that would travel fast.
                  Visit my sons blog:
                  www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

I was worried about this on my first L/H but after the first night I never thought about it again! There are so many people walking around and talking and you have multi security personnel.
                    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

I recommend a steering column lock.

simjack.com

GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

good insurance as it might not get stolen but could be a victim of hit and run accident like my 59
                        Last edited by 59brook; May 29, 2016, 08:19 AM.

Comment

like this

Comment

Sleep with a pistol and the coil wire.
                            Non-denominational car nut.
                            Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                            Do you go all the way?

Comment

I've done this as well. Especially since a car very similar to mine was in fact stolen on the tour years ago.
                              GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Working...
                              X