Route Maps and GPS directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

I think he just got to the strips too late - side trips with his boys.
    Yeah plus the heat was to much for John at some of the track's. We're gonna shoot for the starting line party at No Problem Raceway, it'll be in the evening time!
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Bump
      R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
      Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
      Real SH 2019

Comment

Our third Long Haul.

We are in the "elderly" stage of the game, retired and old school. I have an iPhone with GPS, but primarily rely on "paper" with wife of 51 years in the right front.

We just finished calculating the distance between each way point per the route schedule. At each turn, she will tell me the distance to the next way point and then she helps me watch for "signs". We use this method plus large print, easy to read, "paper" maps to get us there. We have found over the years sometimes the GPS thing-a-ma-bob is a little off.. When you are "up in years", that can get a little stressful at times...

This year we will RON anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour ahead of the previous day's venue (getting a jump on the young hot rods each day). Our goal is to get to the stage early to get our ticket punched and take in the venue, then look for local points of interest we might want to visit that afternoon/evening.

Depending on each day's route, sometimes (but, not always) we will go off the scheduled route and grab an Interstate segment in order to stay on our time.

Safe travels to all. This thing's a "Hoot".

Comment

If you have a Google account you can save the route that Hot Rod supplied and it will be available on your smartphone.
          Long Hauler: 2002, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14 ,15, 16. Short Hauler : 01, 13

Comment

Originally posted by mkoppes View Post
            If you have a Google account you can save the route that Hot Rod supplied and it will be available on your smartphone.
            Google yes, smartphone no.

Comment

Hey Old Goat, thanks for the tip! I'm getting up there in "mid life" age and share your philosophy. We also plan to stay ahead of the pack, punch our card as we are long haulers, see the venue quickly and get out to see the local scenery. Have a ball.................this is our first run at it. Looking forward to the new adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by 70OldGoat View Post
                Our third Long Haul.

We are in the "elderly" stage of the game, retired and old school. I have an iPhone with GPS, but primarily rely on "paper" with wife of 51 years in the right front.

We just finished calculating the distance between each way point per the route schedule. At each turn, she will tell me the distance to the next way point and then she helps me watch for "signs". We use this method plus large print, easy to read, "paper" maps to get us there. We have found over the years sometimes the GPS thing-a-ma-bob is a little off.. When you are "up in years", that can get a little stressful at times...

This year we will RON anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour ahead of the previous day's venue (getting a jump on the young hot rods each day). Our goal is to get to the stage early to get our ticket punched and take in the venue, then look for local points of interest we might want to visit that afternoon/evening.

Depending on each day's route, sometimes (but, not always) we will go off the scheduled route and grab an Interstate segment in order to stay on our time.

Safe travels to all. This thing's a "Hoot".
                This is also how all the World Rally Car, and Baja 1000 race teams do it too. ;-) The Co Driver, or "Co-Dawg" does a verbal talk on of the turn points...it's also how we do it in the jet.

Good on ya, I hope to still be doing this later in life too! Look for me again this year in the yellow '70 convertible!!
                Power Tour '16 Long Hauler, '17 Short Haul, West Coast for a few years now...
                1970 Pontiac GTO 455HO Convertible
                2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Maggie'd

Comment

Originally posted by Cricket View Post

This is also how all the World Rally Car, and Baja 1000 race teams do it too. ;-) The Co Driver, or "Co-Dawg" does a verbal talk on of the turn points...it's also how we do it in the jet.

Good on ya, I hope to still be doing this later in life too! Look for me again this year in the yellow '70 convertible!!

Cricket, we hope to see you this year. We are in a different car than last year. You were an inspiration, so this year we are in a 70 Goat convertible, too. Close to your color. It's Granada Gold.

We are leaving in the morning (FRI) for KCMO. FRI night in Independance, SAT night in Carrollton, MO (Hwy 65 N of Waverly). We only drive 60-65 MPH, so we figure by the time we get on the highway SUN morning North on Hwy 65, the rest of you guys will be already be "leading the way"...

Some of our highlights: American Pickers outside Davenport, then we have tickets for the Corvette assembly plant tour at Bowling Green, then on to Nashville for the SAT night Grand Ole Opry..

Life is great in the "slow lane".

Safe travels.

Comment

Working...
                  X