HRPT driving directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRPT driving directions

The route is out, was about to post it and got a revised version? Already? So standby!
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

I just printed it off. I'm sure we'll see a few revisions. Any idea of where they post if their will be activities at each venue? I'm wondering if we get to take a lap or can go on a ride around the track in Austin.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
      I just printed it off. I'm sure we'll see a few revisions. Any idea of where they post if their will be activities at each venue? I'm wondering if we get to take a lap or can go on a ride around the track in Austin.
      That's one thing I never knew... what was at each venue... I think the first day was autocross (awesome) and the 2nd or 3rd day was drag racing? Then it seemed like... that was it?

Since Jena isn't going this year, I don't have to hear how hot it is, so I don't have to go to the hotel after 15 minutes.
      1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
      1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
      1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post

That's one thing I never knew... what was at each venue... I think the first day was autocross (awesome) and the 2nd or 3rd day was drag racing? Then it seemed like... that was it?

Since Jena isn't going this year, I don't have to hear how hot it is, so I don't have to go to the hotel after 15 minutes.
        Free at last.....Good Gosh Almighty Free At Last
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

No lunch stops/tours/open house noted either, unless I missed it.
          GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post

Free at last.....Good Gosh Almighty Free At Last

I'm going to miss having her with me this year, but it's going to be great to not hear after 15 minutes "It's hot here, can we go to the hotel now?"
            Last edited by Jesse James 80; May 25, 2016, 10:10 AM.
            1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
            1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
            1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Will any of you put the route into a turn by turn gps and share it?

Comment

Way over my pay grade.
                I enter the venue and hotel for each stop in my favorites - and when I get lost - pick one. I'm not shittin ya - several years ago the grandkids loaned me a Garmin (oldest one works for Garmin in K.C. but talking to him is like talking to Sheldon Cooper on the Big Bang Theory) and I figured out how to turn the volume ON when I was done and headed home. Yea, technology is not my forte, nor do I care for it to be.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Half the fun is trying to figure it out as you go. Don't sweat the small stuff.
                  I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                    Way over my pay grade.
                    I enter the venue and hotel for each stop in my favorites - and when I get lost - pick one. I'm not shittin ya - several years ago the grandkids loaned me a Garmin (oldest one works for Garmin in K.C. but talking to him is like talking to Sheldon Cooper on the Big Bang Theory) and I figured out how to turn the volume ON when I was done and headed home. Yea, technology is not my forte, nor do I care for it to be.
                    I have the route on my road maps highlighted, same as years past. Garmin ?????? GPS ????????

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post

I have the route on my road maps highlighted, same as years past. Garmin ?????? GPS ????????
                      That's that lady that yells at you when you go the wrong way.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I'm always amazed at the amount of people that can't navigate by map.

Comment

Originally posted by mike327 View Post
                          Well, it has been my experience when using a human navigator to give me turn instructions. They either come too soon and I forget what they said or they come a 100 yards past where we were supposed to turn.

Comment

Originally posted by mike327 View Post
                            It's becoming a lost art like so many other simple things!
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Well, it has been my experience when using a human navigator to give me turn instructions. They either come too soon and I forget what they said or they come a 100 yards past where we were supposed to turn.
                              That sounds like me with the gps.

Comment

Working...
                              X