No announcement yet.

Pit Stop in Waco, TX. on I-35 1 1/2 hr. from Austin en route to Grand Praire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit Stop in Waco, TX. on I-35 1 1/2 hr. from Austin en route to Grand Praire

As a 7 time Power Tour Long Hauler, I would like to invite anyone on the Austin to Grand Prairie leg to stop by my hometown of Waco, Texas. Just 1 ½ hours north of Austin on I-35.
    We have received permission for up to 1,600 parking spaces at our new Baylor, McLane Football stadium northbound I-35 Exit 335C and turn right onto Martin Luther King.
    We will have shuttle buses running to downtown between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. I am listing a few sites right on I-35 and also downtown.

Magnolia Market and Silos( Chip and Joanna Gaines of HGTV’s Fixer Upper) / magnoliamarket.com
    Dr. Pepper Museum / drpeppermuseum.com
    Texas Sports Hall of Fame / tsohf.org
    Mammoth National Monument / nps.gov/Waco (recently designated as national monument)
    Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum / texasranger.org
    Baylor University / Baylor.edu
    Waco Suspension Bridge over the beautiful Brazos River (The Chisolm Trail) Historic Marker and our herd of cattle with cowboys and vaqueros. (Great picture opportunity with your car)

Downtown shops, restaurants and food trucks galore along the Brazos River will be eager to serve you.
    Local car clubs will be invited and a remote with the classic rock/oldies channel will be at the stadium.
    Special thanks to City of Waco, Waco Chamber of Commerce and Baylor University for their help.
    Watch the short two minute video of our great city. I look forward to seeing you in Waco on 6/14/2016.

New tourism video we produced for the annual Waco Cotton Palace Pageant held each April in Waco, Texas.

Thanks for posting
    I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

thanks for the info.i don't know i will jumpon the bus but i will probably at least check out the momouth national park

Comment

Sounds nice - thanks for the invite.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

omg!!!!!!!!!! Mark is posting on Bangshift!!!!!! Is the sky falling???!!!!!!
          For those who don't know Mark, he is our buddy! Power Tour just isn't the same without the orange Camaro in the rear-view!!!!
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I think that there are a couple of things there that I would be interested in too. Thanks for posting the video & info.
            Last edited by 67 Malibu; May 11, 2016, 08:01 PM.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Thanks Mark, it's been a few years. I still have one of your business cards with a picture of your car.
              Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

Boy, I'm glad nobody mentioned gun fights at Twin Peaks or not being able to wear your colors at Hooters.
                (sorry, I have a sick sense of humor)

That is a really neat thing you've done and a great invitation. We may drop in, I'm in Hillsboro a lot. Thanks!
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

We also have permission from Baylor/McLane football stadium for discounted tours of the state of the art stadium. 1/2 price cruises up the Brazos River, weather permitting.
                  Please consider stopping by and saying hello, we will have local clubs here as well as radio stations and newspapers and photographers. Several cool picture options for your rides as well.
                  Last edited by mburrow; May 23, 2016, 12:00 PM. Reason: change in stadium tour info.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    Boy, I'm glad nobody mentioned gun fights at Twin Peaks or not being able to wear your colors at Hooters.
                    (sorry, I have a sick sense of humor)
                    I almost did. But I did not think that anyone else would get it. My club colors are still hanging in my closet from the 1970's. But in those days you did not have just one club per state that was allowed to wear the state name as a bottom rocker. Somehow or other. And that was evidently the issue going down that day.
                    Last edited by 67 Malibu; May 16, 2016, 08:07 PM.
                    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

AND when you leave Waco stop by the town of WEST just north of Waco and try the Chech bakery for Kolaches
                      http://www.slovacekwesttexas.com/bakery/ my wife says its a must stop as she trips to Austin from Dallas with her school often

YUM YUM!
                      Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

When I hear Waco, TX I still think of David Koresh and the Branch Davidians. 1993 was memorable as I spent my summer sandbagging, fighting a flood.

Thanks for the info, that bakery looks fun.
                        GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Hey everyone, did not expect driving directions to go around Waco, if you want in Valley Mills, turn right on Highway 6 and head to Waco to I-35 about 20 minutes and head north to 335C to the stadium unofficial pit. We still have up to 1,600 FREE parking spaces at McLane Riverfront Stadium and our local clubs and radio stations will be there as well. Hope to get a good crowd and especially those coming straight up I-35 North.

Comment

Originally posted by TAman1969 View Post
                            AND when you leave Waco stop by the town of WEST just north of Waco and try the Chech bakery for Kolaches
                            http://www.slovacekwesttexas.com/bakery/ my wife says its a must stop as she trips to Austin from Dallas with her school often

YUM YUM!
                            Man, I love kolaches. There's a town in Oklahoma that has a kolache festival every year. I'm going to try to detour to Waco. HGTV is my favorite show and I love Chip and Joanna. I hit American Pickers in Iowa while we were there too.

Comment

Originally posted by 200kss View Post
                              When I hear Waco, TX I still think of David Koresh and the Branch Davidians. 1993 was memorable as I spent my summer sandbagging, fighting a flood.

Thanks for the info, that bakery looks fun.
                              That was outside of Waco proper, but the news doesn't know how to use small town names. Now you can think Kenneth Starr getting fired for allowing bad things to happen to girls at Baylor at the hands of his football team. Yep, that Kenneth Starr. The guy who Bill Clinton can't help but think of every time he lights a cigar.

sorry, couldn't help it. I love Waco.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X