I Think it's a Conspiracy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Think it's a Conspiracy.

I think there is a conspiracy to keep us from finishing project "A." If there is something that can derail our best intentions to finish, it has happened. Wind, Rain, Cold, No heat (yet), the Farmer, the Kids, the In-laws, Work, Parts, a Jerky Neighbor, Code Enforcement, TX Dot, field trips, taking daughter to the airport & picking her up almost every week (4 hours round trip.) I need more time.
    Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
    Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
    Kansas City 2017

Amen brother.

You missed "houses" though.....or does that fall under code enforcement?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

house...work...code...if it can be taxed, it's a conspiracy...
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Yep, I did not include work, housework, grocery shopping, and the kids always forgetting something for school.
        Kansas City 2017

Comment

are you forgetting about old Mr.Murphy?

Comment

Originally posted by 59brook View Post
            are you forgetting about old Mr.Murphy?
            Yeah!! I think he has an apartment in the top of my shop
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

For me it is, in addition to what has already been mentioned, grandkids, rental property, spring cleanup & of course the start of the mowing season here. And of course waiting on parts from the sandblaster, powder coater & suppliers. So he has at least a branch office somewhere close to me.
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I know how you feel. I buy a Painless wiring harness and rewire the wagon as since the accident the battery drains in a few days and i cant read the writing on the all black wire with silver letters wiring harness anymore. So i get the harness in and the fuel pump doesn't work. A friend comes over and helps me to figure out i didnt wire the relay correctly. No big deal we jump it out and the car starts. Hook everything back up right and it runs for a second and dies. No restart, but i still have fuel pressure. Friend comes back and we troubleshoot to find the MSD ignition box has no spark now .I order a new box and install it and it has spark runs again for a second or two and no fuel pressure. I check the filter and it's clear so i stick the hose in a jar and fuel is pumping so i'm thinking maybe the regulator. While ordering the reg. at autozone i rent the fuel pressure tester and only have 10 psi which doesnt work on Fuel Injection. I drop the tank and the hose between the pump and tanks outlet nipple has softened and slipped off the pump partially . Ok so know the tank is back in and car runs but the darn air ride ecu has crapped out while it sat. Damn when i drove it 10,000 miles a yr i never had this many issues
                Last edited by 59brook; April 14, 2016, 06:53 AM.

Comment

I feel your pain. We finally got primer on the body yesterday, hoping for color in the morning. Then it should be easier to work around everything else. Thankfully this is probably one of the most rust free 2nd gen camaro we've ever had.
                  Kansas City 2017

Comment

Well, plan "A" is not going to be finished in time. So on to "B." Found a set of Slots for it at the Swap Meet today.
                    Kansas City 2017

Comment

got the ecu back and its ok somehow the cable got cut .now the starter won't crank

Comment

Yup! I had May 1st set as my unofficial "better move on to plan B" day. But the rear end housing is still waiting on the powder coater to get back from the races in Houston. Then it has to be put back together. And put back into the car with the new leaf springs & new shocks. And the shocks are not even ordered yet. Mainly because I was already seeing the writing on the wall a week ago. Plan "A" most likely will not make it this year. So I will be putting the engine into plan "B" along with my rebuilt 700R4. And spending about the same amount of $$ on things. And hoping that there are no more surprises along the way.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Well "B" needs to have some vintage style rims to at least have some style. So, I bought 3 pairs of the same style, at the swap meet last weekend. Ok, so far so good, 4 of them fit.
                          Oh wait, one of the rims is slightly bent. At, least I only paid $20 for them. So, still on the hunt for cheap wheels and tires.
                          Kansas City 2017

Comment

That sucks

What is Plan B? Sounds a lot newer?

I took waaaaaaay too much time to rebuild the rear in my 65. There is so much "car stuff" to do in April... My truck club had a track meet, went to Charlotte autofair next weekend, then the last weekend in April I met my dad at Spring Carlisle! What a great month. Car is almost done. Just waiting on NPD for my brake shoes and new drums. Everything else is bolted up, then just need to break in the posi. I fired her up for the first time in a couple months, I let it spin to oil up then as soon as I kicked the gas she fired and idled. The cooling is still a weak point on 65/66 Mustangs. I'm going to torture test it. I really hope I don't have to turn off my A/C in traffic. My Plan B is a 2015 Z71. Really don't want to take it. Now that I have a new truck, my wife said I can't take her 2011 Mustang.
                            Last edited by Jesse James 80; May 3, 2016, 06:43 AM.
                            1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                            1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                            1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

It's a 1994 van. Good news is I walked by one of the vehicles, and there is a pair of Slots that will fit. We had them all along.
                              Kansas City 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X