Veterans Home Car Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
    The administrator emailed me today and said that ball caps, magazines and socks would be good to donate.
    Dave, did the Administrator indicate what type and color of socks would be desirable?
    1993 LX Mustang Convertible
    1987 Saleen Mustang Hatchback

Comment

She did not I would assume white and/or black would work just fine. But I'll ask that question.
      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
        She did not I would assume white and/or black would work just fine. But I'll ask that question.
        Thanks, when you talk to the lady ask if they need cotton diabetic circulatory socks or something similar.
        1993 LX Mustang Convertible
        1987 Saleen Mustang Hatchback

Comment

Thanks for asking Big Dave....
          R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
          Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
          Real SH 2019

Comment

I can tell you that 99% of the time they are going to recommend the socks with the gripper strips on the bottom to avoid slips & falls.

Comment

Originally posted by 93Roan View Post

Thanks, when you talk to the lady ask if they need cotton diabetic circulatory socks or something similar.
              I'll do that and get back to everyone.

Comment

I will be there brother Dave!

Comment

I heard back from the Administrator and she said any and all socks would be nice to have so you decide which ones you want to donate. I'll probably give the cotton diabetic circulating type. She also said they were beyond excited about the cruise in.
                  Last edited by Big Dave; May 4, 2016, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Sounds good Dave. I 'll have several pair with me.
                    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Our little car club has been collecting items for the veterans and now I have a question. We have also collected $60 in cash. Would it be better to give cash to the veterans or buy a lot of socks?

Comment

Originally posted by Little deuce View Post
                        Our little car club has been collecting items for the veterans and now I have a question. We have also collected $60 in cash. Would it be better to give cash to the veterans or buy a lot of socks?
                        Buy socks.....

Comment

thanks. we will do that.

Comment

In years past they've also accepted cash towards their "entertainment" funds. I have 8-10 pairs of new gloves with and without fingers I'm bringing. They might be helpful for wheelchair bound residents.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

The wife and I make care bags for a homeless home and the vets in a local v.a. home.. at Christmas time

They like socks,tooth brush, shaving cream and razers,books, mags, headphones.
                              We, found that an airline at the airport near us, was willing to donate the earbuds they pass out on fights... and a few brands was willing to donate items,
                              The local supermarkets, have venders that fill and work the mag's. and was willing to donate the mags that didn't need to go back, that was going to hit the dumpster, same with the books. The only requirement was we had to come get them the day they called/texted..
                              It is the end of the month, it might be worth your time to go into your local store and get the contact # for the mag vendor and see what happens..
                              The vendor for the mag's only asked for a thank you letter from the homeless shelter/home and vet home.. And they keep doing it as long as we were willing to come get them..
                              Just a thought..
                              Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; May 30, 2016, 05:40 AM.

Comment

My dad has five boxes of old hotrod, carcraft mags going back ten years or more. Do you guys think the vets might want them? Being old issues but probably in new condition and organized by volume #. He has a touch of OCD. ????
                                I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

Working...
                                X