Getting Married ON the HRPT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Married ON the HRPT!!!

We joked about it last year- but looks like I have the approval. This will be our Third Long Haul together.

Don't know if it's been done- if David Freiburger or Mike Finnegan are ordained minister(s)- or would be interested in saying the vows. Thoughts?? Any Contacts that would help me move this along? Can email me direct any contacts that would help us. richard454 at comcast dot net THANKS!!!

Don't forget your sign - or beer.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Richard454 View Post
      We joked about it last year- but looks like I have the approval. This will be our Third Long Haul together.
      Don't know your situation, but are you sure she really wants to do this, or have you been dragging your feet long enough she just wants to just get married? This is a BIG day for them, not so much for us. Just make sure it's what she really wants.

I've been around long enough to know there's a difference between what women want and what they're willing to accept just to get us to do certain things. Don't let your wedding day be something she just accepts. Just some friendly advice from a guy that's been happily married since 2008, together continuously since 2003.

Again, maybe this was her idea, etc, but this is the one day they dream about since they're little girls. Make sure it's all about her. If you want to get married the weekend before and honeymoon on the tour, I think that's a totally kick ass idea.
      Last edited by Jesse James 80; February 8, 2016, 01:30 PM.
      1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
      1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
      1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

I sent a message to Clearance to see if he can help in any way
        Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Congrtulations! I know there have been engagements on PT, not sure about how weddings. The people in the red Mach I pictured are friends of ours, they were married at a car show right before the Power Tour.
          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Laura & I made long hauling the tour in 2009 our honeymoon. Worked out well for us. But I would never presume to tell anyone that I know how women think or what they really want. Best to let sleeping dogs lie.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I remember a couple getting married on the Power Tour one year, probably 2011 or 2012

Comment

Hey Jessie- yes she really is wanting to do it. AND I've been around long enough to know the worst "F" word to come out of a women's mouth is "Fine!!!" It's the second time for both of us- kids long gone out of the house and she enjoys the car thing.

We might go to NOL a couple days before and get married...that;s sort of plan B.

But also think it would be cool to get up on stage- get married w/ some people that share the same passion as us.

I found a website that has each state - and what you have to do- fortunately no blood tests are required!!!

Thanks for the support !!!

Richard

Comment

Sounds like a cool ideal if she's into it.
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

That sounds awesome then! Too bad Gulfport isn't on the route this year, that venue would have been awesome.
                    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

OK- looks like we will be getting married on the stage- 4-5PM Saturday in Louisiana. Hotrod is giving us 15min of Fame!

Now looking for anybody who knows an Officiant in Louisiana.
                      Any ordained or licensed clergymen who have registered with the clerk of the district court of the parish or with the health department if in New Orleans, and justices of the peace.

If anybody know of someone- please contact me [email protected] THANKS in ADVANCE!!!

Comment

Any of the Roberson clan down there licensed clergy? Phil or Uncle Si? Maybe Willie?

Comment

I am ordained....how can I be of service? All I need to know is the parish in which you are getting married. I can register with the local clerk and hitch you guys up...
                          Last edited by Kid Cadillac; March 3, 2016, 05:53 PM.
                          HRPT 2007, 2008, Long Haul 2009, 2010, 2011

The infamous Kid Cadillac is back!

Comment

WOW- that will be great!!! I got your email- We are all in now!!! Got the rings and if one of my cars isn't ready, the soon to be wife is going to buy a 2016 Mustang!!!

I'll get you the details!!! Thanks in advance - Richard

Comment

Thats great! We will put that time & place on our agenda so that we don't miss it.

Comment

Working...
                              X