New Pair Of Shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pair Of Shoes

When I was out in LA, I stopped by the Performance Plus booth. I ended up pulling out the credit card and made an executive decision to spend precious dollars for new shoes for the Torino. It needed tires anyway. The salesperson was pleasant, the price was good (plus they threw in mount/balance, freight from California to Florida, and lugnuts), and I ordered them Sunday and before I got back to Florida, I had an email with the shipping tracking number. unsolicited endorsement: www.performanceplustire.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	rims3.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	1084245

rims: 15x7 in front with 235/60R-15 TA Radial.
    15x8 in back with 245/60R-15 TA Radial.
    Last edited by cobra; February 2, 2016, 11:34 AM.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

What did you go with? I had the 500's on my mustang before I went with the 17" 5 spokes.
    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

They are going to look really good on there!
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
        What did you go with? I had the 500's on my mustang before I went with the 17" 5 spokes.
        Looks like he has the Magnum 500's highlighted. Wonder why he didn't go with the Ford style wheels .. maybe because they are steel ?

Comment

Ahhhhh, didn't even notice that on my phone (small screen!) I see it now with the hint!
          Last edited by Jesse James 80; February 2, 2016, 12:29 PM.
          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

Looks like he has the Magnum 500's highlighted. Wonder why he didn't go with the Ford style wheels .. maybe because they are steel ?
            ford style wheels are for 65 to 67 ford cars. the GT style wheels are for 68 to 69 ford cars. the 500's are for 70 and later (and, in argent, 69 boss). 500's are also steel.
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
              ford style wheels are for 65 to 67 ford cars. the GT style wheels are for 68 to 69 ford cars. the 500's are for 70 and later (and, in argent, 69 boss). 500's are also steel.
              That's what I bought for my Torino 15x8's.
              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Hey Bruce, I'm gonna have to break down and buy new tires (probably radials) for the Goat before PT. I've had people comment that I may have the only car on Power Tour with bias ply tires. I kinda keep it to my self that they've been on 9 Power Tours and are over 28 years old, and, well, you know.....so they don't think I'm irresponsible or something.
                John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

I'll bet them pretty wheels don't make run any faster........just saying
                  Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                  The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                    I'll bet them pretty wheels don't make run any faster........just saying
                    with a 429 CJ, how fast does it need to be?
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                      with a 429 CJ, how fast does it need to be?
                      Need is such a difficult concept for me!

Comment

Says the guy that has everything. It's a tough row to hoe but someone has to do it, Allen.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Need is such a difficult concept for me!
                          OK, so let me expand on that - how fast does it need to be?
                          Faster than it is now - regardless of how fast it is!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

OK, so let me expand on that - how fast does it need to be?
                            Faster than it is now - regardless of how fast it is!
                            Yeah.....we tried to keep up with Allen again last year......

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

shoes arrived last friday. been sick as a dog all week. will try to get them on tomorrow and see if they fit.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Working...
                              X