Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does your ride need for the 2016 Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good God that is cold... is anything icing up?
    Last edited by Jesse James 80; May 26, 2016, 07:29 AM.
    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

• Doesn't seem to be...from what I'm being told, a 30 deg drop from ambient at idle with no additional airflow across the condenser means it's working well and I can expect even lower temps at speed on the highway. Car is up on jacks still pending some additional work.
      Power Tour '16 Long Hauler, '17 Short Haul, West Coast for a few years now...
      1970 Pontiac GTO 455HO Convertible
      2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Maggie'd

Comment

• Well at this point it could need to go one of two directions. If I can find a carrier for my 12 bolt to throw 3.08 gears in it, that is all I need and I can keep the 250/Powerglide combo.

If that doesn't work I will do a 350/700R4 swap :D

For the record

<---- That ain't my ride anymore. I now have a 68 C10 Short Step I can get pics later. 250/Powerglide. AC, PS, 5 lug discs up front, oh and its bagged.
        Last edited by beetle; May 26, 2016, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• took a test ride today. all seems to be working....except the a/c
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by beetle View Post
            Well at this point it could need to go one of two directions. If I can find a carrier for my 12 bolt to throw 3.08 gears in it, that is all I need and I can keep the 250/Powerglide combo.

If that doesn't work I will do a 350/700R4 swap :D

For the record

<---- That ain't my ride anymore. I now have a 68 C10 Short Step I can get pics later. 250/Powerglide. AC, PS, 5 lug discs up front, oh and its bagged.
            Nice! I have a 67 C10 I've owned for 20 years. My first truck when i was 15. It has 350/700R/3.73, Vintage Air, ECE 4.5/6 drop, PDB (with 6 lug rotors), blazer tank, and crap I'm forgetting. I have a factory PS set up for it... but 67's need the frame dimpled so I haven't gotten around to it.

Post a pic!

Here's my pile (not coming on tour, taking my POS 65 Mustang). This is her 3rd iteration.

Last edited by Jesse James 80; May 26, 2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
              took a test ride today. all seems to be working....except the a/c
              Not cool... (see what I did there!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post

Nice! I have a 67 C10 I've owned for 20 years. My first truck when i was 15. It has 350/700R/3.73, Vintage Air, ECE 4.5/6 drop, PDB (with 6 lug rotors), blazer tank, and crap I'm forgetting. I have a factory PS set up for it... but 67's need the frame dimpled so I haven't gotten around to it.

Post a pic!

Here's my pile (not coming on tour, taking my POS 65 Mustang). This is her 3rd iteration.
                i don't know, it looks like a pretty nice POS mustang.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• So, the '69 Camaro I'm taking this year is getting ball joints done. Wasn't really expecting those to be a problem, but it's a lot better they get taken care of now than taking the chance of them going out on the highway.
                  HRPT 2016 - OKC, Wichita, KC
                  HRPT 2017- KC, Newton, Davenport
                  HRPT 2022 - Memphis, Nashville, Hoover, Pensacola

Comment

• Just got the front end aligned and it's a good thing. It was out quite a bit. I have already started loading up the back of the truck.
                    I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• I never registered. Vacation hasn't even been approved yet. I may just go as a spectator. Been both places several times and don't do any autocross or anything anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobra View Post
                        i don't know, it looks like a pretty nice POS mustang.
                        Bitch has died on me 3 times on the tour... fried the C4 in 2014 (limped it home, refused to go into any gear the next day...) and fried the points guts twice last year, made the whole run though. Has GM HEI now. Runs great.

So yes, she's a beauty, but I think she's going through menopause... I hope she might have moved passed it this year... I just need to keep her on her meds.

Did a few cosmetic things today. On the 3rd day of the tour last year we heard a really loud bang near my door. Didn't notice until later that day, a rock must hit my trim perfectly as it put a huge dent in it (it was brand new installed before the tour last year.)

The trunk seal wasn't sealing anymore, so I replaced that too, and was told it's a lot easier to do off the car (and after doing it, there's no way it would have gone well on the car.) I still saw a little light in the back corners so I have to adjust the trunk a bit.

Comment

• Funny how the relationships we have with these cars mirror a relationship with a woman...they can either make you deliriously happy or make you want to just walk away from them.
                          Power Tour '16 Long Hauler, '17 Short Haul, West Coast for a few years now...
                          1970 Pontiac GTO 455HO Convertible
                          2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Maggie'd

Comment

• Originally posted by Cricket View Post
                            Funny how the relationships we have with these cars mirror a relationship with a woman...they can either make you deliriously happy or make you want to just walk away from them.
                            The wife and I were just having this conversation. My truck has some minor tuning issues I can't get worked out. Dear wife asks " what's a matter your mistress giving you trouble" .
                            I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• No words can tell you how pissed I am right now! It just fell off this morning when I went to apply it. I guess 40 some years it finally just said enough!

Click image for larger version

Name:	E brake broke.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1105727
                              Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

• Well since I can't order a new assembly til Tuesday!

I got bored today and started looking on the net for a fix to the brake but didn't find anything, but I did find this cool idea.
                                Parking brake switch tied to the brake light wire in the dash per member's AirSpeed and Bruce88. For some reason they closed the thread that AirSpeed had on it.
                                I have made the bracket and tested it on the broke assembly. I will mount it to the new one and run the wire to the brake switch warning light wire under the dash. Ground it and it will be done! Nice little addition for the truck!
                                Thanks to AirSpeed and Bruce88!

Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Working...
                                X