No announcement yet.

Stories from the "GearHead Diner"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're thinking noon-thirty if we can get our old fart butts rolling early enough. I've got a long-hours work day scheduled the day before, but that's no excuse for not getting toward GHD on a Red-hot rail the next morning, we're excited.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• So the countdown is at 8 days...

Comment

• 5 days and counting!!!

Comment

• Yep. I changed the oil in the truck this weekend, now I just need to get new back tires mounted.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
            Yep. I changed the oil in the truck this weekend, now I just need to get new back tires mounted.
            AGAIN ?
            My God Man - you beat that thing like a government mule.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Leaving out Thursday mid morning lay over somewhere and get to Brent's house Friday afternoon.......see you guys Saturday.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                Leaving out Thursday mid morning lay over somewhere and get to Brent's house Friday afternoon.......see you guys Saturday.
                If you have time stop by and say hi.

Comment

• Lar's I'll give you a call Thursday evening and see about meeting up Friday.

Comment

• Sue Unit, being the astute consumer that she is, took the forethought to Google reviews of the unanimously agreed-upon Scottish Inn in Fancy Gap.

Seems we may come away from there with some stories, maybe enough to parlay into a new song at the Gear Head Inn for the Fall Colors Tour.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                      Lar's I'll give you a call Thursday evening and see about meeting up Friday.
                      Great. If you make it this far you have a place to crash, just give me a call on the road.

Would it be possible to put an order in for some Gulf shrimp?
                      Last edited by htrdharley; August 2, 2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Sure can I'll text you

Comment

• 3 more sleeps till I get to leave!! Is gonna be a fun time.
                          Donna
                          Williamston, MI
                          Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• We are leaving for the Gear Head Diner Sat. morning around 7:30 (flexable on the time). Taking 95% North Carolina back roads through Rutherfordton, Morganton, Lenoir, North Wilksboro, Elkin then 20 miles North on I-77 to Fancy Gap. Hope to be there for Lunch. Anyone wanting to caravan up to GHD is welcome to join in.
                            Last edited by papasmurf587; August 2, 2016, 08:23 PM.
                            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                            Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• we leaving MD at 7:30 Saturday morning looks like we are going the direct route good old I-81 to I-77. hopefully only one stop for gas should roll in around 1 o'clock. see you all there.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure we're going to hit the road from Mentor at 7am on Saturday. We're about 6.5 hours away so we should be there around 1:30.
                                I R Bob
                                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                                X