Stories from the "GearHead Diner"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post

Diane, let us know and we'll run up there with ya.
    Sounds like a plan guys.............my June is pretty full.............let's plan a date after HRPT

Comment

• Originally posted by BangShiftChad View Post
      Terri, send me an email on Monday. [email protected]. I want to talk to you about the restaurant and get some more info.
      Did you get that email out to Chad this week ?

Comment

• Yep.. Haven't heard back from him, tho! I'm sure he's probably as busy as we are!!
        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• I would like to drop my Fl plate off and see the restaurant in a week or so. I'll be in touch with the details.

Can't wait DTB
          DTB - RETIRED

Comment

• Originally posted by peewee View Post
            January17, 2016 AP Press Release

Knoxville, Tennessee

Authorities at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation have announced the disappearance of a large number of license plates from vehicles across the state. Anyone with information about these thefts is encouraged to call 900-123-4567. A substantial reward is offered for information leading to the suspects involved in this case.

Local authorities have investigated tire tracks from various crime scenes and have connected these tire patterns to hot rods. Flecks of blue paint were recovered from one location, which were tied to an antique el Camino with Virginia license plates, but those plates were probably stolen, too.

<<Various members of the news staff contributed to this posting>>>

- - - - - - - - - -
            Check your state RMV.. only way here to keep a plate to put on your garage wall/etc is to fill out papers that it was stolen/lost.. Even vanity plates you've paid dearly year after year for..
            If, your plate is ever used, you are responsible otherwise , At least here, and I'd think it be the same in many places..
            Not say'n the diner owners would use them in a dishonest way, but those eating there might not care..
            Here, the tag's are state property that you are basicly leasing. I don't know what fines /charges they might find themselves with, having a tag. I had reported stolen/lost.. I guess if the RMV allows you to check off if it was stolen or if it is lost.. it might be fine.. I can't remember if that was an opinion or not.. or if it was a listed as both with no choice on if it was lost or stolen..
            Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; May 30, 2016, 05:58 AM.

Comment

• That's not a problem in Texas.
              Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
              Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
              Kansas City 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
                That's not a problem in Texas.
                I think those that have been clipped by a vehicle with a tag on it that it shouldn't have.. This is a huge problem..

Comment

• May 31, AP News Release

Knoxville, Tennessee, 9:14 a.m.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation held a news conference this morning, following up on a January 17 report of a rash of stolen license plates from around the region. Several dignitaries and pompous officials oversaw the barely announced press conference, which was covered exclusively by Channel 9 News, as their intern was coincidentally there at the Law Center paying a parking ticket on a Honda Civic at that exact same time this morning.

Law officials revealed that they had circumstantially identified the blue paint flecks from an antique El Camino and had followed the tire tracks to Fancy Gap, Virginia, where a new restaurant is building up toward Opening Day. Officers found a wall full of completely retired license plates on display from multiple United States, one even from another country other than the United States. There was no attempt on the part of the owners to conceal the evidence. There were enough license plates to support an entire convoy of evil-doers on whatever covert mission the clandestine group was planning.

No arrests were made, but the officers took many 8x10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, and displayed them for the extremely limited audience at the news conference.

Officials at the Law Enforcement Center noted that the investigation is ongoing.

Last edited by pdub; May 31, 2016, 04:27 PM.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    May 31, AP News Release

Knoxville, Tennessee, 9:14 a.m.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation held a news conference this morning, following up on a January 17 report of a rash of stolen license plates from around the region. Several dignitaries and pompous officials oversaw the barely announced press conference, which was covered exclusively by Channel 9 News, as their intern was coincidentally there at the Law Center paying a parking ticket on a Honda Civic at that exact same time this morning.

Law officials revealed that they had circumstantially identified the blue paint flecks from an antique El Camino and had followed the tire tracks to Fancy Gap, Virginia, where a new restaurant is building up toward Opening Day. Officers found a wall full of completely retired license plates on display from multiple United States, one even from another country other than the United States. There was no attempt on the part of the owners to conceal the evidence. There were enough license plates to support an entire convoy of evil-doers on whatever covert mission the clandestine group was planning.

No arrests were made, but the officers took many 8x10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one, and displayed them for the extremely limited audience at the news conference.

Officials at the Law Enforcement Center noted that the investigation is ongoing.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........................fi lm at 11.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• We can only hope, if it does go to court, that the judge enters with his seeing eye dog. And then it will be a typical case of American blind justice. And hopefully all of us that donated plates will at least get to sit on the "Group W" bench.
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Originally posted by dianeokie View Post

Sounds like a plan guys.............my June is pretty full.............let's plan a date after HRPT
                        If you pick a date after the 4th of July, I'll make the run! My 'June' is also committed, but I'm wide open after July 4th....
                        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                        79 Trans Am project
                        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Bar stools are installed

Comment

• Great job!
                            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• I like the swag lamps....very nice!
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                                I like the swag lamps....very nice!
                                Guys, Unit and I were there, we got to see the work in progress, months ago. This has got to be the greatest theme restaurant ever done. And we know and love Vic and Terri, this is really something. I mean, seriously. This is really something. This will be a landmark for sure. No kidding. WOW.
                                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                                X