Rolling south out of NW Arkansas June 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling south out of NW Arkansas June 9th

Ok gang, we've got a small group rolling out of NW Arkansas the evening of June 9th. Probably go as far as Little Rock and stop for the night before taking a nice leisurely stroll into Gonzalez on Friday. Give me a shout if you want to roll along with us. 479-263-3326

Originally posted by RSRXION View Post
    Ok gang, we've got a small group rolling out of NW Arkansas the evening of June 9th. Probably go as far as Little Rock and stop for the night before taking a nice leisurely stroll into Gonzalez on Friday. Give me a shout if you want to roll along with us. 479-263-3326
    We are leaving Aurora Mo. Sometime on the 9th hoping to get half way. Might tag along if timing works out.
    Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

I will be leaving Omaha on the 9th and might overnight in Little Rock too then.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

This sounds like a plan to me........
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'll be rolling out of Omaha either on the 8th or 9th...haven't decided on my timing yet. This could potentially work.
          Power Tour '16 Long Hauler, '17 Short Haul, West Coast for a few years now...
          1970 Pontiac GTO 455HO Convertible
          2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Maggie'd

Comment

We will be heading out of Lincoln on the morning of the 9th looking for somewhere to overnight. That could work for us too.
            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I just remembered - when we were in Little Rock in 2013 we were warned away from a lot of the motels in different parts of town by the locals. They recommended an area that was a bit more modern with a lower crime rate & lots of motels & restaurants. I will have to have Laura dig out our reservations from that year to get the name of the area we stayed at.

Comment

HI and HIE near the airport. They are nearly side by side....one has a car-themed bar and grill. I'd recommend 'em.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Looks like we ended up at the Comfort Inn on McCain Park Dr. in North Little Rock. Very nice place close to I40 & we walked about a block to an Outback for supper.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    HI and HIE near the airport. They are nearly side by side....one has a car-themed bar and grill. I'd recommend 'em.
                    I'm coming from Wisconsin but I made reservations for Thursday night at the HIE in hopes of running with this group on Friday. Here is the info for the hotel:

Holiday Inn Express
                    3121 Bankhead Drive
                    Little Rock, AR 72206
                    1-501-490-4000

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in 2013.
                    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                    79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

I'm coming from Wisconsin but I made reservations for Thursday night at the HIE in hopes of running with this group on Friday. Here is the info for the hotel:

Holiday Inn Express
                      3121 Bankhead Drive
                      Little Rock, AR 72206
                      1-501-490-4000

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in 2013.
                      I did the same,but the HIE on McClain on north edge of Little Rock $91.00 with discount.
                      Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                        Looks like we ended up at the Comfort Inn on McCain Park Dr. in North Little Rock. Very nice place close to I40 & we walked about a block to an Outback for supper.
                        Mike I booked on McCain also HIE $91

Comment

I got $85 Military & I know that you qualify Todd. Don't care for the Wed afternoon cancellation though as we will not be leaving until Thursday morning. All will need to go well.

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                            I got $85 Military & I know that you qualify Todd. Don't care for the Wed afternoon cancellation though as we will not be leaving until Thursday morning. All will need to go well.
                            Holiday Inn Express on McCain is $6.00 more with 6pm Thursday cancellation. Talked to Jim last night and he was going to try to make it to Shreveport on Thursday.

Comment

Jim who? Seriously now - you don't mean our Jim?!?!?!? You sure that he didn't mean Friday? Is this the same Jim that usually pulls into the hotel Friday night after everyone else is in bed? That would be a first. Shreveport could be a better route for us though. Although we ran into some closed roads somewhere north of there while trying to get home last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X