No announcement yet.

Power Tour 2016 Roadside Attractions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of food. Coming from Baton Rouge there is always great seafood along I-10 in Breaux Bridge and Lafayette. Since I am from there, I do plan on stopping and having some cajun seafood at Don's Seafood hut on Johnston. No better for Fried Oysters, Shrimp and a Seafood gumbo. Can't wait.

Comment

• I just sent a tweet to GMG and Richard to see if they would be around on the 14th?
      Last edited by fast86-gn; May 24, 2016, 06:47 AM.
      sigpicDavid N.
      86 GN
      08 Sky Redline
      98 GS

Comment

• Originally posted by fast86-gn View Post
        I just sent a tweet to GMG and Richard to see if they would be around on the 14th?
        I did too couple weeks ago. Someone will be there if its a work day.

Comment

• Originally posted by red30ford View Post
          Speaking of food. Coming from Baton Rouge there is always great seafood along I-10 in Breaux Bridge and Lafayette. Since I am from there, I do plan on stopping and having some cajun seafood at Don's Seafood hut on Johnston. No better for Fried Oysters, Shrimp and a Seafood gumbo. Can't wait.
          If you can't find something to eat in that area your not looking. Fezzo's. Boudin balls, Prejean's egg plant pirogue, Don speciality meats for boudin and cracklings.
          I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• I got a flat tire in Louisiana 3 years ago when I stopped at Ralph and Kakoo's But the food was good
            Last edited by dianeokie; May 25, 2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Hey guys, if any of you are still in Kansas City the morning after Power Tour (June 18th), we're having a great free event at the Kansas City Automotive Museum celebrating our Second Anniversary of opening the Museum. We'd love to see a strong showing of Power Tour supporters! The event starts at 9 AM, so you'd have plenty of time to check it out and still make it to the Speedway before Roadkill Nights starts, which is what I'll be doing.
              Join us as we celebrate our 2nd anniversary with the Invitational Car Exhibit!
              This FREE EVENT includes:
              -Admission to the Museum
              -Admission to the Invitational Exhibit
              -Food & Drinks
              -Raffles
              -Ride-along's in Vintage Cars
              -& Much More!
              Featured Invitational Exhbit Cars:
              -Roswell Rod
              -Oldest George Barris Custom (1941 Ford)
              -Swat Tactical Vehicle
              -Firetruck
              -& The Museum's Exhibit, Legends of Hot Rodding (Pete and Jake's Hot Rods, same company that built the California Kid)
              Check out our website for details:
              http://www.kansascityautomuseum.com/…

HRPT 2016 - OKC, Wichita, KC
              HRPT 2017- KC, Newton, Davenport
              HRPT 2022 - Memphis, Nashville, Hoover, Pensacola

Comment

• Originally posted by 59brook View Post
                so if i see it right there is a cars and coffee at the kansas city auto museum the third sat of the month. and if i am seeing correct they have a car show that weekend
                seems like you guys are putting on a nice show

Comment

• Hortons Classic Car Museum Nocona TX between Dallas and OKC stop
                  National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in OKC
                  Tulsa Air and Space Museum (Might be outta the way but we might try)
                  Galaxy Drive in Theater in Ennis Tx on I45 about 45 mins south of the Dallas stop

Those are a few I am looking at right now, we are gonna be all over the place if we hit all these!

Comment

• somewhere near arcadia i believe is the rod and custom hall of fame and a rt 66 museum

Comment

• Originally posted by 59brook View Post
                      seems like you guys are putting on a nice show
                      That's the goal, at least. Last year went over well, and this year only gets bigger and better. We got amazingly lucky that the anniversary happened to fall on the day after Power Tour, and that Roadkill provided Power Tour participants an excuse to get a hotel for the night.
                      HRPT 2016 - OKC, Wichita, KC
                      HRPT 2017- KC, Newton, Davenport
                      HRPT 2022 - Memphis, Nashville, Hoover, Pensacola

Comment

• Originally posted by Damon23 View Post

Went there in 2013. They were supposed to have a open house. Only thing that was open was the gift shop so you could buy all their t-shirts and stuff. Did get to see the real star of the show Aaron so it was not a total bust.
                        You LAZY ASS MONKEY! lol... I'd be happy just to meet Sue!

I would love to check out Aaron's Falcon if it's there.
                        Last edited by Jesse James 80; May 26, 2016, 02:38 PM.
                        1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                        1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                        1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

• magnaflow did have a open house at gas monkey

Comment

• Dallas Strokers is an incredible motorcycle shop just down the road from GMG

Comment

• I've been to Dicks museum in San Marcos, they've got a lot of great cars.
                              As for the Alamo, being a Texan it's almost like walking on holy ground. The building itself is not what you'd expect but, the displays are very interesting.
                              The last time I was there, they had all the people who reenact how it was back then. My 2 daughters and I got picked for a jury case. So we listened to how one man grabbed another man in the bar, and the one who was grabbed, killed him with his Bowie knife. We let him off, you don't touch another man, and expect him to do nothing. The couple from Sweden just couldn't understand why we didn't think it was murder. We tried to explain, this is Texas, you just didn't do that back then.
                              And, don't forget the riverwalk.
                              Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                              Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                              Kansas City 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
                                I got a flat tire in Louisiana 3 years ago when I stopped at Ralph and Kakoo's But the food was good
                                We didn't wont you to leave
                                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                                X