No announcement yet.

Power Tour 2016 Roadside Attractions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N.A.S.A. Is only 45 min from Baytown. Kemah is a great place for a seafood dinner. Austin has Franklin BBQ, it's pretty good Q!

Comment

129 views, 314 likes, 24 loves, 59 comments, 2K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Hemi Hideout: Check out the Hemi Hideout video!

Hemi hideout west of Houston, for the Mopar lovers amongst us

Comment

Originally posted by Txgoats View Post
        N.A.S.A. Is only 45 min from Baytown. Kemah is a great place for a seafood dinner. Austin has Franklin BBQ, it's pretty good Q!
        I was in Austin several times over the years when Bergstrom AFB was still there. We used to go to the Iron Works. Great BBQ. Are they still there?
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Google maps has a cool feature in "Earth" mode; when you click any picture at the bottom, a guide line goes up to the location on the map.
          Great way to find interesting attractions.
          R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
          Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
          Real SH 2019

Comment

Lecompton is near us and it was the original territorial capital of Kansas. They have a museum. Lawrence does too. And an antique mall. and TWO wal-marts. LOL

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	16COTA2images.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1087774 Always curious on the venues, so I googled day 3's venue near Austin TX, "Circuit of the Americas" COTA as the locals call it. WOW, We've had stops at many race facilities but this one is world class. Can't wait to see it and hope they let us do a lap on the track. Click image for larger version

Name:	16COTAimages.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1087773
              Last edited by papasmurf587; February 21, 2016, 07:43 PM.
              John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
              Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Anyone got anything new or any route predictions?

Comment

I know this is probably wrong, but this is what I have in mind when I think of this years route!
                  1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                  1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                  1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                      I know this is probably wrong, but this is what I have in mind when I think of this years route!

That would be further west. My son is geeked about the Circuit of the Americas. I too really hope they let us take a lap. Even paced it would be cool. I would pay if need be to let my son get a lap around the track in a car if they did that.
                      Visit my sons blog:
                      www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

You might see some of that, some flat land, some roads perfect for Street Outlaws (405) style (that's what we did in high school and they called it rat racing)You'll probably not meet any more friendly people than you will in Oklahoma though.........I'm pretty excited that I'll be able to have friends and family able to come out to the OKC stop.
                        Last edited by dianeokie; March 23, 2016, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Depends where you are at Oklahoma. , Eastern Oklahoma Talimena National Scenic Byway. I wish they would post the Route. Click image for larger version

Name:	qw_photo_bikers5.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1093525

I-35 Arbuckles Click image for larger version

Name:	6185665216_303c129877_b.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	460.6 KB
ID:	1093526
                          Bricktown
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	OKCBikes2009309.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1093524
                          C6 extra wide

Comment

The route will not be posted until we are 30 days from the start .

Comment

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
                              The route will not be posted until we are 30 days from the start .
                              You're pretty optimistic there Vic. I doubt it will be more than 2 weeks before

Comment

Originally posted by smooth72 View Post
                                Depends where you are at Oklahoma. , Eastern Oklahoma Talimena National Scenic Byway. I wish they would post the Route. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1093525[/ATTACH]

I-35 Arbuckles [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1093526[/ATTACH]
                                Bricktown
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1093524[/ATTACH]
                                Completely familiar with all that...............grew up in Oklahoma and moved to Georgia with a job transfer in 1988............I'm back there several times a year! You left out Red Rock Canyon and of course many more, Turner Falls, Medicine Park, Broken Bow..............

Comment

Working...
                                X