If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Welcome Gary!
      Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
      Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
      Kansas City 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by GA Firechicken View Post
        I have two reservations in Wichita. Best Western on East 53rd St. in Wichita and Holiday Inn Express in Newton. Is anyone staying at either of these? Any comments or suggestions on which to pick? All others stops are finalized. Thanks!
        A bunch of us are staying at the Newton HIE. Not too far from the venue & it should be easy to pick up the route the next morning.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Originally posted by GA Firechicken View Post
          I have two reservations in Wichita. Best Western on East 53rd St. in Wichita and Holiday Inn Express in Newton. Is anyone staying at either of these? Any comments or suggestions on which to pick? All others stops are finalized. Thanks!
          me too.....will save one and cancel the other, I suppose.....rexx!

Comment

• Staying at Newton HIE with several others. Just my two cents.
            Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

• New here and first timer to the power tour. We will be doing Baton Rouge, Baytown and Austin. I am debating whether to use the service hot rod is setup with or book my own rooms. I like the idea of using them, as I know there should be other tourers there, but have seen some complaints. I did originally send them an email with no response. I finally called and got them on the phone a couple times. Undecided but I need to pull the trigger yesterday.

Comment

• There will Power Tour participants at every hotel with in a 25 mile radius and further down route, you want be alone. Of course the closer you get to the venues the hotel's will be pretty much all Power Tour people
                Last edited by corvettedad; May 29, 2016, 12:55 AM.
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by gixxer711 View Post
                  New here and first timer to the power tour. We will be doing Baton Rouge, Baytown and Austin. I am debating whether to use the service hot rod is setup with or book my own rooms. I like the idea of using them, as I know there should be other tourers there, but have seen some complaints. I did originally send them an email with no response. I finally called and got them on the phone a couple times. Undecided but I need to pull the trigger yesterday.

just my twp cents......book your rooms on your own, using hotel websites, etc......cancellations are easy if you need to, use the venue addresses and search for hotels close by.....the chain hotels are usually the better ones (Holiday Inns, Comfort Suites, etc.).......rexx
                  Last edited by rexdogg; May 29, 2016, 04:23 AM.

Comment

• The service Hot Rod is using said they were not booking at hotels in Baytown as the area had problems with break ins.

Comment

• Originally posted by gixxer711 View Post
                      The service Hot Rod is using said they were not booking at hotels in Baytown as the area had problems with break ins.
                      If you use Google Earth to view your hotel, you will be able to see what kind of neighborhood it is in. Not a guarantee that it's crime free but at least if it's in a high traffic area it may be better.

Comment

• Originally posted by overdriv View Post

If you use Google Earth to view your hotel, you will be able to see what kind of neighborhood it is in. Not a guarantee that it's crime free but at least if it's in a high traffic area it may be better.

I live off of 290 in NW Houston, so will will probably stay at home Sunday night and pickup the cruise as it comes up 290. If for some reason we change our mind, there are plenty of hotels over there to get one that night. See yall out there!

Comment

Working...
                        X