No announcement yet.

Route/Venue Info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn I don't even remember that........must have been a very late night before!
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post

don't know about that, but.....seemed to remember that some folks put the route into their gps using some program called basecamp....not sure how all of that works though
      You cab use OsmAnd+ app or will download the maps to your smart phone then make a map on Google maps of your route. Save it, and then convert the file to the apps version... And upload on to add smart phone. Dont need to use data while traveling all downloaded, does have some large files..... Don't remember exact steps would have to look it up again to repeat, but I have a copilot landed this year so going old fashion with writen directions and map. Maybe Google maps running just for some help when needed ..... Only snafu with the app was it really doesn't like when you get majorly of route for a small side trip
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

• Originally posted by Scottyfender View Post
        Last year I found that someone put the route into gps and had it available for download. Was that here on Bangshift?
        I remember reading something about that also, but could not figure it out. I ended up putting the daily route into my Garmin separately for each day.... But then I ended up never using it anyway, I just met up with different groups and played follow the leader everyday. I found that I was able to really enjoy the routes & checking out sights and cars along the way. Much better than constantly checking the GPS
        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
        79 Trans Am project
        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• I'm losing my copilot this year, pre done maps in GPS would be great if I lose my group.

Last year I just put in the destination address each day, put "avoid interstates", turned off the volume, and it was kinda the route-ish if our group started out on the right roads. I never looked at the route because I had Jena and stayed near the front of the group. This year I'll have to actually pay attention and look at the route ahead of time. It's hard to read directions, follow a GPS, hold my drink, and shift at the same time...
          Last edited by Jesse James 80; February 8, 2016, 01:22 PM.
          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

• It's hard to read directions, follow a GPS, hold my drink, and shift at the same time...

agreed......even more difficult to drive with manual steering, hold the coffee (no cup holders), read the route directions, and hold an unfolded paper map blowing around with the windows down (no a/c either).......hah!

Comment

• I always print the directions for each day including any interesting stops along the way, plus evening events such as cruise ins and car shows along with my hotel information and stick it in a binder. I separate each day with tabs. I usually remember it after the tour.....sheesh!
              HRPT 2007, 2008, Long Haul 2009, 2010, 2011

The infamous Kid Cadillac is back!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                I'm losing my copilot this year, pre done maps in GPS would be great if I lose my group.

Last year I just put in the destination address each day, put "avoid interstates", turned off the volume, and it was kinda the route-ish if our group started out on the right roads. I never looked at the route because I had Jena and stayed near the front of the group. This year I'll have to actually pay attention and look at the route ahead of time. It's hard to read directions, follow a GPS, hold my drink, and shift at the same time...
                Jena not coming this year?????
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• She said it's too damn hot at the venues. She complained every day that she wanted to go to the hotel as soon as we got there. I think the only venues she liked were in WI (temp was way cooler) and Gulfport (beach). I showed her the route and she said no way in hell :lol: She's very heat intolerant. I'm the opposite, I can't stand being cold. I wish it was summer all year.

I'm also not sure if I'll be able to run my car's A/C with some of the temps I'm expecting... that would be a living hell with her in the car with no A/C...

Edit: That sounded really negative. She had a blast on the trip, the drive, all the stuff we saw, neat places we visited, all the people we met and had dinner with. If we cut out all of the "outside car stuff" she would probably go again, or if Power Tour would wise up and do it in early may or late september...
                  Last edited by Jesse James 80; February 9, 2016, 04:05 PM.

Comment

She said it's too damn hot at the venues. She complained every day that she wanted to go to the hotel as soon as we got there. I think the only venues she liked were in WI (temp was way cooler) and Gulfport (beach). I showed her the route and she said no way in hell :lol: She's very heat intolerant. I'm the opposite, I can't stand being cold. I wish it was summer all year.

I'm also not sure if I'll be able to run my car's A/C with some of the temps I'm expecting... that would be a living hell with her in the car with no A/C...

Edit: That sounded really negative. She had a blast on the trip, the drive, all the stuff we saw, neat places we visited, all the people we met and had dinner with. If we cut out all of the "outside car stuff" she would probably go again, or if Power Tour would wise up and do it in early may or late september...

Both Memphis and Hoover were really Hot! Loads of heat and Sun, but very little shade. Then again, I love the heat and actually kinda thrive on it... not so much the humidity part, but love the heat. I have no A/C in the MC, so it's the old 70+mph & 2 windows down A/C for me
                    My love for heat & great dislike of snow & Arctic wind is why I'm moving southbound when I retire I've had more than enough of Wisconsin winters
                    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                    79 Trans Am project
                    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                      It's hard to read directions, follow a GPS, hold my drink, and shift at the same time...
                      Pic of my GPS......Gramma Positioning System. When she says "recalculating".....DUCK!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0476.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	1085576

John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                      Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post

Pic of my GPS......Gramma Positioning System. When she says "recalculating".....DUCK!

Did you get a 5 speed installed yet so she doesn't have to yell "recalculating"?

Comment

Did you get a 5 speed installed yet so she doesn't have to yell "recalculating"?

Naw.....That would only confuse the issue(s). Sorry to hear Jena won't be makin' Power Tour this year.
                          John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                          Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• rut roh. only 115 days left and I've got a long ways to go.

Comment

• Looks like a cool project.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Yeah, I like it!
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X