2016 Northeast Rod Run - the FINAL one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Criscobath View Post
    Looking forward to the trip and finally getting around to booking flights to meet up with a buddy in PA. We're probably behind on rooms and will have to sleep in tents. All part of the fun.
    AWESOME!!

You seriously might want to check and see if your friend got rooms yet.​ some of the areas we go to, there aren't many lodging options. Others are super expensive and/or require a two night stay. I am able to get lots of locations to waive that stuff when I set up our host hotels.

You would have to be pretty hardcore to tent on our trips. Some mornings we wake up with frost on our windshields. LOL!!

see you in less than 4 months
    1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
    2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
    2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

After this weekend, we have now pre-run about 20% of this year's upcoming cruise route. Our goal is to pre-run about 75% of it, just to make sure there are no problems (we've already had to alter a couple of roads, because of things we've found).

Once we have done all this, we would like to start planning out next year's trip, but we can't do that without your help.
      It takes HUGE efforts to make these trips happen every year and without being able to help out others, that... are less fortunate, it's just not worth it anymore. Without a solid commitment by others, THIS WILL DEFINITELY BE NERR's LAST CRUISE EVER.

We never know how many people will be joining us each year, until the day we actually start our trips, because it's hard to get people to respond when asked (which is a bit of a logistics issue for the planning), but we really ask to donate early and not wait until the last minute.

If donations aren't looking good by the time we finish pre-running this year's route (hopefully be the end of July) we will not plan a trip for next year. That is a promise. Even if you aren't going this year, but wanted to go on a future trip with us, you can also help make that happen by donating early this year too.

With that being said, I am putting out another call right here, right now, to everyone going this year (and/or others that just want to help out), to please take one minute of your time and make a donation to our chosen charity, in lieu of any registration fee.

We are suggesting only a $40.00 minimum donation (feel free to give more if you can) to help out those fighting this illness. What other 5 day cruise can you join in on, for that low of a fee? And the money you pay here, isn't just going into someone's pocket to make a profit. Instead it's going to help sick people, so they can get the help they need to get better.
      We have set a real aggressive goal this year (which I don't think we will be able to hit), but we haven't even reached 13% of that goal after 4 months of trying and we have less time than that left to go.

Just click on the link below and you can donate right online. Even if you don't like to pay online, you can print out a form and mail in a check. It really does take less than a minute.

http://www.lymphoma.org/faf/donorReg...upid=434941085

Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; July 6, 2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

With just over a couple of months to go before kickoff, here is a small update..........

We have pre-run about 25-30% of the route so far, with more happening over this coming weekend. Latecomers are still booking hotels, but have mostly had to go to our alternate options because the host hotels sold out early.

Our fundraising number is finally starting to climb (instead of paying registration fees) and we're also solidifying all of our stops for the cruise.

As always, more details are up on our website.

We also have a new Facebook page to compliment our original page. The new one is named the 'Northeast Rod Run Annual Cruise' and that one is more directly related to just the cruise itself, instead of all car related things.

See you all real soon as we kick off our biggest cruise yet at Ragged Mountain in New Hampshire
        Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; July 25, 2016, 08:30 AM.

Comment

This will be my first time going on this. I'm really looking forward to it.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

looking forward to seeing you there Bob
            2007 Power Tour Long Haul
            2008 Power Tour Long Haul
            2009 Canadian Points East Tour
            2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
            2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
            2012 Power Tour Long Haul
            2012 Northeast Rod Run
            2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
              This will be my first time going on this. I'm really looking forward to it.
              It's a lot more laidback time than HRPT and we are raising money to help support a great cause

Comment

Originally posted by Northeast Rod Run View Post
                It's a lot more laidback time than HRPT and we are raising money to help support a great cause
                Sounds great. Is there a link for the donation somewhere? I'm a noob to this.
                I R Bob
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  Sounds great. Is there a link for the donation somewhere? I'm a noob to this.
                  go to TJ's site there is one there Northeast Rod Run
                  2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                  2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                  2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                  2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                  2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                  2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                  2012 Northeast Rod Run
                  2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by 55lincoln View Post

go to TJ's site there is one there Northeast Rod Run
                    Thanks Bruce, I'll check it out.
                    I R Bob

Comment

Thanks for the interest and here is the link to donate.

Comment

We're getting real close to kickoff now. As of this point of time, we have pre-run 50% of the entire route and will do our final pre-run over this upcoming weekend. That will only be about 30% of the final leg's route, so we will still have over a day and a half of driving, to end up making our well known, and anticipated detours and U-turns, because of bad decisions. LOL

​ The first three days details are now fully posted up on our website (with the fourth day being up within the next couple of weeks), the goodie bags are packed and donations are still flowing in, so I'd say things are going perfect and we are right on schedule with everything.

See everyone in just 33 more days!!!

Comment

Looking forward to meeting you TJ.
                          I R Bob

Comment

Same here!

Comment

Only 3 days before we kick off this year's cruise. If you didn't get a chance to join us this year, but are interested in what we're all about, make sure you like our FB page for the actual event (Northeast Rod Run Annual Cruise), because we are going to try our best to post up pictures in real time and not wait until the end of the cruise. We will also try to keep our Instagram page going too

Comment

We'll be on the road early tomorrow morning.
                                I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X