No announcement yet.

2016 Northeast Rod Run - the FINAL one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Northeast Rod Run - the FINAL one!

We came close to calling it quits after this year's trip, but after much prodding and pushing I decided that we will make it one more time this October, before we close it out for good.

It's been nine great rips over eight excellent years, but all good things have to come to an end.

Being based out of the Boston area, we have attracted people from every New England state except for Maine. They've come from other northeast & mid-atlantic states as NY, NJ, PA, MD. We've also had them come up from Mississippi and from as far west as Michigan & Illinois and we definitely can't forget our friend that have joined us from Canada too. We've attracted people from over 1/4 of the continental United States, without one bad seed in the bunch, which I am very proud of.

I would say over 50% of NERR's attendees are HRPT veterans and almost 20% of the people are Bangshifters

Our trips have brought us through MA, NH, ME, VT, CT, NY and PA

If you've ever thought about going, this will be THE YEAR to go!!

We will be spending 3 nights on Maine's beautiful coast and then a couple/few more nights most likely in New Hampshire and/or Vermont.

If you want/need to know more details, go over and visit at www.northeastrodrun.com

You can always see pictures of our past trips at the Northeast Rod Run's Facebook page too

Hope to see many familiar faces next year and hope to see many new ones too!

1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
    2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
    2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Next year's trip just became official on Sunday night (we weren't going to even have on in 2016) and our interest has already surpassed many previous years.

We only have our first 3 nights set up and the hotel bookings are unbelievable. Usually our hotels don't sell out until late summer, but it's looking like one of our hotels will be sold out by the end of December. Even the hotel is shocked at how fast our participants have been booking, because we've already gone over our room blocks that were arranged.

The rough info is that we will be leaving out of somewhere in NH on the morning of October first and then making our way toward the mid-coast of Maine, where our first stop with be in the great coastal town of Boothbay Harbor.

One Sunday morning we will continue up the coast until we arrive on Mt Desert Island and spend two days in Bar Harbor, which is definitely a jewel of the east coast. We try to keep all of our driving off the major Interstates and use Scenic Byways instead. We travel at a very leisurely rate.

Here are links to our first two hotels, just to give you an idea of what types of places we like to stay at. Both places have great views of the Atlantic, while one of them actually has the ocean run right underneath some of their rooms.

Saturday night: http://rocktideinn.com/

Sunday & Monday night:http://www.atlanticeyrielodge.com/

No locations are set after that yet, but we will start heading back west from there, over the next couple of days before we wrap it all up, after our 9 year run. We are also going to use this year's trip as a fundraiser for cancer. Details still have to be worked out on that end.

We will be visiting multiple transportation museums along the way, National Parks and many other points of interest, with hopefully a couple of shop tours during the trip too.

If you've ever wanted to see New England like lots of people never get to do, this is the trip to do it on. Probably 75% of our participants have lived in New England all their lives, yet we still manage to show them things and bring them places that they never even knew existed, right in their own backyard.

No one leaves these trips disappointed

Comment

greatest run of them all
      no registration fee & a great bunch of people
      not as hectic as Power Tour & way more FUN
      2007 Power Tour Long Haul
      2008 Power Tour Long Haul
      2009 Canadian Points East Tour
      2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
      2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
      2012 Power Tour Long Haul
      2012 Northeast Rod Run
      2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by 55lincoln View Post
        greatest run of them all
        no registration fee & a great bunch of people
        not as hectic as Power Tour & way more FUN
        Thanks for the good words. It's shaping up to be one hell of a trip next year.

And I do agree.... Sonehow we seem to attract some of the best people you could ever wish to meet

Comment

The biggest reason NERR chose our specific host hotel on the Saturday leg of October's run, is for the spectacular sunrises and sunsets that can be seen right from your bed or room's balcony. It is an almost impossible view to beat on the entire eastern seaboard.

For those of you that thought the sunrise view from our hotel rooms in Lake Placid were great this year, you haven't seen anything yet!

The only way that the view can possibly be beat, if you're an early riser, is to take a short ride down the street and cruise up to the highest peak on the east coast, to see the earliest sunrise in the country, on the top of Cadillac Mountain. Here are a few pictures from the top of the mountain.
          Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; December 5, 2015, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Here is a link to 2016's happenings. If you're into more laidback and scenic multiday cruises, do yourself a favor and check out the info. We are already starting to run low on hotel rooms

Comment

NERR 2016 OCTOBER LODGING UPDATES

Our host hotel for Saturday night still has plenty of room, but they are running out of a lot of the most desirable ones.

After of December 31, 2015 our host hotel for Monday and Tuesday nights won't hold our rates at their 2015 prices, so IF there are still rooms available on January 1, 2016 people will be paying 2016 rates.

As of this afternoon Tuesday night's host hotel only has about 12 rooms left on their entire property.

Wednesday night's host hotel only has 6 more rooms available in our block (if it sells out EARLY enough we will be able to enlarge it)

As far as our Friday night hotel (for the early arrivals), we are still waiting for an update, from the person taking care of that night, on how many rooms we have available to book.

As always, full details are available on NERR's forums

Comment

Just got word that we secured 7 more rooms earlier today, for Friday night, but also just found out that there are now only 4 of those left

Comment

This is one of our highlight stops for 2016. That is why for the first time ever, we are spending two nights in one location

Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; December 18, 2015, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I think me and a buddy might be in for this. My friend lives in PA and has been looking to do a trip with his 10 second Vette. I'd love to take my Dart, but budget constraints prevent it.

Comment

We get people from PA almost every year.

We actually were in PA, for one leg of our run in 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Criscobath View Post
                        I think me and a buddy might be in for this. My friend lives in PA and has been looking to do a trip with his 10 second Vette. I'd love to take my Dart, but budget constraints prevent it.
                        This is a pretty Laid-Back trip too, so your friend's Vette won't be screaming down highways the whole time either. I don't think we even have 50 miles of interstate driving over the whole trip

Comment

That's a definite plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Criscobath View Post
                            That's a definite plus.
                            We do that for many reasons, but one major one is because some of the cars can't take it. Ive taken my '69 Camaro 6 times (I don't think I'm taking it this year) and that thing screams at over 3k the whole time on the highway, only gets 10mpg (on good stretches), has all solid mounts and no sound deadening, so that isn't conducive to highway driving.

It seems like we get a few cars like that every year
                            Last edited by Northeast Rod Run; December 18, 2015, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I wish I was able to take my Dart. That thing hums on the highway. Just not sure I have the funds to do the 1600+ miles there and 1600+ miles back and four additional night in hotels. Flying in and being a passenger sounds a lot more possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X