Clear All

The wees
    Perry & Crew
    Vic & Terri
    Big Dave
    Bruce
    John & Kathy
    Charles + 6 GTO/G8 folks

We're about halfway there, unless the TV watchers from next weekend dogpile on.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The whole Gear Head scene, it's so much fun. I think one of the last times, when we came up with Terri's song, the "Small Animals Die" song, we radioed it. Seems to me, I think we posted those lyrics before we ever got there. And it made it no less fun.

Well, Unit and I are bringing another song. Tonight we passed a paper tablet back and forth, adding lines and scratching through them, and this is a song the Hellacious BangShift Band can do. I bolt stuff onto the car, I didn't build it, I don't know how to build a car. This is how it goes when you only bolt stuff on:

EDIT: Song title Change - The Bolt-on Blunder

Every kit comes with directions
      They might come in Chinese
      Every man who ever gets them
      Says I sure as hell don't need these

He throws them by the wayside
      And commences to proceed
      All is well, it's going swell
      You can hear his shouts of glee

<<<Big long solo, everybody celebrates with instruments>>>>>

The laughter turns to cussing
      The tools begin to fly
      The knuckles they are busted
      The wife breaks down and cries

Where's them damn directions
      That you and I can read
      Where's them damn directions
      The ones I didn't need
      Last edited by pdub; February 6, 2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Y'all better book, there's no telling what that TV show did RE folks who all of a sudden want to see the Gear Head Inn. Strangers, not us.

I've sent an email to Tim from Texas, it's a long shot, but if he enjoyed it all as much as we did, he might want to come back.
        Last edited by pdub; February 13, 2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

What are we going to do for Jim and Mary this time? We have to do something for them. I was already thinking some ceremonial something and I came up with the idea of a screen shot from the TV show....Unit said special car-related frame.....and that idea fell flat. No, that doesn't feel right.

I'm drawing a blank. We should do something again to show them our appreciation, but I don't know what that is...

Comment

Texas Tim's response to my invitation:
            Hey Rusty. You don't have to remind me who you are! Will never forget you all and the awesome short time we shared.

I would love nothing more than to come hang out at the Gear Head again. Not sure I can make it, though. If it looks like I can I will let you know. I know it will be a great time.

And don't worry about the pick. I have plenty more. =)

Take care!
            Tim

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing everyone!
              " are we there yet "
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

finally booked.
                Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

BUMP.

We've got a box full of 50 kazoos. Think that'll be enough for the party? I hope not.....

Comment

Here's something....everybody bring a fan to set up around the fire pit. This is awesome....Jim and Mary will love it.....

It may take a while to load, you've gotta see this...

These ingenious people used their wits to create a fire tornado using multiple fans and a pit of fire. After a few adjustments, the flames elegantly danced like a seasoned ballerina on stage.

Comment

Oh yeah Peewee " hold my beer, y'all watch this " bunch of intoxicated adults and a fire tornado! Have the paramedics on stand by! LOL HA HA HA

Comment

At least we know The Gear Head has a metal roof, might not burn the place down.

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post
                          At least we know The Gear Head has a metal roof, might not burn the place down.
                          From experience, if it catches on fire, there will be a twisted and steaming metal roof laying on the ground. They burn "up" too.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

From experience, if it catches on fire, there will be a twisted and steaming metal roof laying on the ground. They burn "up" too.
                            Dang it. Beags the Party Pooper. Dangit.

Comment

Seeing as pdub's tornado of fire was NOT embraced as an activity for our Spring Blooms Tour (due to safely issues) I would like to propose structured games to be held in the parking lot. Take a look, see what you think!

Comment

AIN'T NOOOBODY POPPING MY BALLOON!!! I think I'll just referee!

Comment

Working...
                                X