13" are 14" brakes...that is the ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Phil & Andy.

It is a fun car, and a good reminder of how they drove back in the day. It had the factory skinny tires on it when I got it, I could roll along in 2nd or 3rd and it would smoke the tires with out much effort.

The car is for sale or trade if any one is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
      Thanks Phil & Andy.

It is a fun car, and a good reminder of how they drove back in the day. It had the factory skinny tires on it when I got it, I could roll along in 2nd or 3rd and it would smoke the tires with out much effort.

The car is for sale or trade if any one is interested.
      Lars, send me some pics and more info. I'm on the BS phone list.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post

Lars, send me some pics and more info. I'm on the BS phone list.
        e mail sent.

Comment

Took a few night school brake courses. Most important component to stop is getting rid of heat. This comes from bigger rotors, vented rotors and rotors with slots or drilled. I've seen drilled rotors with cracks so have been fraidy scared of them.

2 years back I changed the bird's stock front single piston 11" rotors for C5 vette dual piston 13" slotted rotors with hawk pads. Also changed to stock sized slotted rear rotors with Hawk pads. Big difference that saw results at 2015 PT Madison autox. Dust, I'll take the dust. Only negative is that pedal travel is a little longer due to keeping stock master cylinder. But she stops like a Friday night Cougar finding prey

nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by >>>>head View Post
            ... But she stops like a Friday night Cougar finding prey ...
            The Cougars we have down here are using walkers so I am pretty sure they can coast to a stop!
            Last edited by cstmwgn; November 5, 2015, 07:58 AM.

Comment

From my experience, I never under estimate the power of a woman
              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                The Cougars we have down here are using walkers so I am pretty sure they can coast to a stop!
                Oh Dear God...That's Funny!!!
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

OK I'm going to do something completely backwards, going BACK on topic! Andy what did you decide to do? Project Scottsdale is starting in January and I'm curious as well.
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                    OK I'm going to do something completely backwards, going BACK on topic!
                    You better be careful Perry - they monitor behavior here and if you are caught acting out you might get disciplined

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      You better be careful Perry - they monitor behavior here and if you are caught acting out you might get disciplined
                      That hasn't happened to me yet. Just sayin. I think Perry's on safe ground.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Perry nothing yet! Been working this outage at work and now we got unit 1 coming down for a mini outage! Doesn't look good for Thanksgiving but hoping to get more than one day off at a time. I'm thinking 14" with dropped spindles though when I do it. I sent performanceonline-pol on E bay a message about their Chrome 11" booster. Waiting to hear back on it.
                        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Working...
                        X