New Aluminum Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Aluminum Radiator

I bought this off E bay and very pleased with it.
    For the price of $157.00 and free shipping I figured I couldn't go wrong.
    Welds look good and it a lot nicer looking than the old brass one with plastic tanks. I made my own brackets for the dual fans and mounted them but he has the same radiator on Ebay for less than $200.00 with the fans already.

ALL Aluminum Radiator for Chevy / GMC C/K Series Pickup Suburban Truck 67-72

All aluminum core and tank.The core is welded in vacuum brazing furnace, no epoxy.The tank is welded by TIG.

He has them for other model vehicles also so take a look you may find he has one for you too! Just type in CHR radiator in the Ebay search and it should pull them up.
    One project down 2 more to go for this week. Next is the pinion seal replacement and then the frame C-Notch!

Retirement is better than I thought!

Looks like a nice setup.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Hopefully it will be running again today! The old upper hose wouldn't work so I'm off to find a new one. I hope O-Reilly's will have one in stock.
      It's done and running. I flip the top bolts around too! I drove it about 5 miles and no leaks so far!
      Last edited by Andy4639; September 20, 2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I got the radiator swap done and now I have moved on to the rear end pinion seal leak. Took it a part this morning and cleaned it all up good now just waiting on the new seal to arrive @ O-Reilly's. Next is the c notch maybe this week.

Comment

I'm digging the progress.
          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
            I'm digging the progress.
            Thanks, me to. You know these old vehicles need attention all the time are they break down on you! A little bit at a time. Next is the C notch to help when I put the air system under it later.

Comment

Andy it looks like you've been a busy boy......getting a jump start on prep for PT
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                Andy it looks like you've been a busy boy......getting a jump start on prep for PT

Yes! I'm hoping to have a few more things done by then to. Got the rear disc brakes working the way I want them to, finally. The CPP brakes are a bitch to get adjusted and working properly but I think I got them.

Comment

Nice radiator. Let us know how much cooler you run.
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                    Nice radiator. Let us know how much cooler you run.
                    From the 2 trips I have made in it it's about 20* cooler. I drove over to Greenville SC last Sunday after finishing it up for a small cruise in. It never got over 180* It stayed right at 177* the whole time.

Comment

Is it CHR Racing / chr_radiator on ebay?

Comment

The picture says CHR racing!

Comment

Good deal. Thanks.

Comment

I reached out to them. Their reply came from China. So, that location "IN US" is a tad bit misleading they're using in their ads.
                            Last edited by Criscobath; September 30, 2015, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Maybe, but I'm happy with it so far! The truck has not gone over 185* since I installed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X