2016 Western Scenic Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Western Scenic Tour

2015 WST was an incredible trip if I may say so. We had 38 participants and visited two of the most beautiful National Parks our country has to offer. The weather was perfect, the participants were excited as we had a "chuck wagon bbq/show, a breakfast boat ride on Jackson Lake, Ranger guided talks, naturalist talks on the wolves and bears of Yellowstone and the best wildlife I have ever seen in all my years visiting these two parks.

But now its time to talk about the 2016 Western Scenic Tour. For those who attended the 2015 you are aware of the 4 tour locations I announced on our last night along the Madison River. Well the decision has been made to have a Southwest Tour and our potential locations include: Page, Arizona, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Bryce National Park and Canyonlands National Park in Moab, Utah.

Activities while still being researched may include: a tour or photographic tour of the Slot Canyons in Page, Arizona, River Rafting trip on the Colorado River, Burro ride from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon to the bottom of the canyon and return, Horseback ride into Bryce Canyon and a few other activities.

So, while things can change over a years time, who's in and what event(s) would you want to see?

Doug and Michille
    Life is too short to drive boring cars!

I'm in for Canyonlands National Park, and Page Arizona. What happen to the Route 66 option?

PETE
    2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

Sounds like we are in!!!
      Jim & Maureen
      There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
      HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Count us in.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I am a maybe waiting for my life to right itself some from a long drawn out divorce that may come to a conclusion soon. Staying closer to SoCal as these locations are, makes it easier to take time off as well. The 15 tour looked amazing (yeah I am still lurking about) and i regret not being able to attend.
          67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
          05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

PETE
            2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

Great pictures Pete!
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

awesome photos!
                67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Great pixs been wanting to go to Yellow Stone for awhile still on my bucket list.
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Great Photos Pete. Maureen and I were glad that you stopped by while on your continuing travels. We enjoyed dinner last night. Be safe my friend. Maureen said she loves the bison herd photos you took on Sunday.
                    Jim & Maureen

Comment

Doug, Have you picked a start date so we can begin the countdown?
                      Jim & Maureen

Comment

Jim, as soon as I get confirmation of cabin reservations I will confirm the date. Because of the large group I have to call a specific number. Hopefully will be early this coming week.
                        Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed View Post
                          Great Photos Pete. Maureen and I were glad that you stopped by while on your continuing travels. We enjoyed dinner last night. Be safe my friend. Maureen said she loves the bison herd photos you took on Sunday.
                          Thanks Jim & Maureen it was great to see you guys again. Damn Maureen's 69 Camaro SS is a beautiful Muscle Car.

To all those other Bang Shift members that lurk into these threads:

Read this, and analyze it.

Do not wait to go on vacation when you are "ready" or have the money in your savings to join us on these trips.
                          You keep waiting, and you'll reach 80 years of age perhaps with a cane, oxygen, or wheel chair. At that stage you
                          may not be able to go, or to fully enjoy it. Do it now during your prime.

PETE

Comment

I absolutely agree, I almost made the WST a couple of years ago but the rear trailing arm bearings went out on my 71 Vette that I was going in. I'm not giving up, I'll wait to hear the dates and check my work schedule and see if I can coordinate off days and vacation days to see if I can make it, last year the planets didn't line up.I REALLY want to make this trip. In a couple more years I'll be going to ALL the BS tours cause for me everyday will be Saturday.
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

You don't need to drive a classic to join us. There was a mix of modern hot rods, utility vehicles and classics. It's not altogether about the cars. It's about the trip, the places we go and most importantly, the people we are with.
                              Jim & Maureen

Comment

Working...
                              X