No announcement yet.

I'm back.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have been missed... I can speak for many when I say we are looking forward to your posts!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working on the old girl....For those that wonder, the name Emma came about just because it sounded good. easy to say, easy to type.

So far since the purchase (this girl had sat beside a barn for 27 years when I bought her) I have tuned her up, rebuilt the carb, replaced the alternator with a 135 amp unit, new belts and hoses, new PS pump, new shocks, new window and trunk seals, all new window motors, new fuel tank, new dual exhaust with Flowmasters, new fuel pump and new wheels and tires. Next up is the disc brake conversion (using Scarebird brackets), rebuilding the front suspension and installing the HID lights with SMD halos. I have all the parts purchased for this. After that the interior is next (seats and rear deck only needed) and then the ac rebuild or replace depending upon cost. The goal is to have all of this done before PT 2016. I want to be comfortable and safe. I went with the high output alternator in the event I need oxygen during the day. One needs to be prepared.

I am looking forward to a great trip next year...just wondering where the heck they are going to drag us.......
      Last edited by Kid Cadillac; September 5, 2015, 04:41 PM.
      HRPT 2007, 2008, Long Haul 2009, 2010, 2011

The infamous Kid Cadillac is back!

Comment

Well it sounds like a plan don't be like me stay focused on the plan and it will fall into place.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

only thing we know for sure now is that HRPT 2016 will start in Baton Rouge where it ended in 2015. where we go from there is anyones guess, so far. looking forward to meeting up with you again on tour!
          Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
          Gregg and Deb Miller
          Verona, Wi.

Comment

The old girl is in the shop getting the rear end rebuilt. After that it's off to a Spectra Chrome applier to get the trim redone....then the A/C. I plan on having a blast next year no matter the destination of the circumstances! Bringing a co-driver to help along the way. It will be fun!~
            HRPT 2007, 2008, Long Haul 2009, 2010, 2011

The infamous Kid Cadillac is back!

Comment

I'd love to see more pictures of the progress.

Comment

Sorry about your health issues. Emma looks great just like she is, hopefully she will bring you many miles of smiles.
                Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                Kansas City 2017

Comment

Been watching your progress on FB glad to see you are active again can't wait to see you on the road in Emma
                  Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Working...
                  X