I'm back.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back.....

To those of you who remember me, I am back on the boards although under a different moniker. I got nailed with CO poisoning at the end of PT 2011 and the recovery has been a bear.... I just sort of shut my life down for a while to see if I lived or died. Turns out it didn't really matter...even though I was alive I was already dead the way I was acting.

I sold this girl to help with medical costs and living costs 2 years back...... Click image for larger version

Name:	68 caddy.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1054892

Now I have replaced her with the 66 Coupe below. She needs some work, but so did Dagmar when I bought her.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	66cad1.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	1054893

Emma here had sat for 27 years when i bought her....I am such a glutton for punishment.

It's good to be back kids....see an old guy around in bib overalls on a power chair or using canes hanging by a Caddy...that's probably me....
    HRPT 2007, 2008, Long Haul 2009, 2010, 2011

The infamous Kid Cadillac is back!

Wow! Welcome back! As a Cadillac aficionado, I love your choice of 4 wheel motivation. My Cadillacs (69 Calais Coupe and 69 Coupe DeVille) are long gone, but never forgotten.

I can identify with your condition, I had a surgery that went wrong and blood clots galore. After so much time down and out, you've got to shake your mind and body back into living. With a new project, it sounds like you're on the right track.

Best of luck, Kid Cad!

Comment

Welcome back and good luck with your new adventure.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Yes, welcome back and good luck!
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Welcome back, hope to meet you on tour next year.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Welcome back Alan I've been wandering what happened with you and Dagmar that was one sweet Caddy you had. The new one looks like it has alot of promise. What are plans for this one.
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Glad to see you Alan! You'll find things around here are about the same, but some great new folks for you to meet.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I was wondering what had happened to you, too, Alan! Sorry to hear of your health issues, hope things will continue to get better for you, health, and otherwise! Dagmar was a sweet ride, can't wait to see what you do with Emma! Glad you're back!
                Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
                Gregg and Deb Miller
                Verona, Wi.

Comment

Welcome back to the living!
                  ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Don't think I met you before. Sorry to hear of your health problems, but welcome back! Hope to meet you on a future PT.
                    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Welcome back Alan and good health to you. Looks like a great winter project you have there hopefully it will be ready for PT next year.
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Saw you on the boards before but never got to meet you on the tour. Sorry to hear of health problems and had to sell your ride. But good to see someone that is fighting back and still cruising on. Your new Caddy looks cool. we'll be on the look out on the next tour.

Comment

Way to hang in there Alan - - nice to hear from you.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Welcome back Alan. I've seen your new project around and your are a gluten for punishment. But at least you know where to get Caddy parts and who can work on Caddies. So you are somewhat ahead of the game. Best of luck with your health and Emma.. I know why you named the other Dagmar, but how did Emma get her/his name?
                            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

That vert is sweet but I really like the coupe. It has a great color on it. I wouldn't change a thing but that is me, I like them when they look old and tatty.
                              Visit my sons blog:
                              www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Working...
                              X