HUD display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUD display

I was on the www.67-72chevytrucks.com forum the other night and a guy asked the question about fitting a Corvette HUD system into his truck dash. He wanted to know if anybody had any idea's. Well he got me to thinking about this for my truck! Amagine that will you, I love gagets and if I can find the right thing I may add it.
    Anyway I have been reading and looking at the Corvette & Camaro stuff but looks like it would be more than I want to do to the truck. So my question to all of you, have any of you seen anything out there that would work aftermarket wise.
    I know Garmin has a unit and a few other's but they all work off of your smart phones. I down loaded a I phone app but it only shows the speed.
    I also have the
    www.scangauge.com hooked up to the ECU which has the inputs that I would need to do what I want but the display just isn't strong enough to project it onto the windshield. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Andy4639; July 23, 2015, 04:11 PM.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

I think one of the biggest obstacles you will have is getting the right angle for it to reflect in the nearly vertical windshield of the truck.....interesting idea, I must say!
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; July 23, 2015, 07:43 PM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I've used some apps on my cellphone and it works okay, but I believe OE equiped HUD cars have a special tint on the window to further contrast it. Seeing the cellphone reflection HUD during the day is near impossible. The angle will play into it too.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Yes the I phone apps is useless during the day! I tried it yesterday and it wasn't visible at all no matter where I put my phone.
        This is my question guy's what is out there. Something has to be on the market for this.

Comment

If it's not out there, it should be.
          Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
          Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
          Kansas City 2017

Comment

I found this today on E bay. It looks like a good thing and is cheap enough. I can buy the double 16 pin OB2 connector and use it and the scangauge 2 at the same time.

Comment

Looks cool, but not sure I'd like that ... after all, I'm not in a fighter jet !

Comment

My Camaro has HUD, I always thought I wouldn't care for it BUT after having it for a year now I love it. I actually get a little aggravated when I drive my 69 or Robert's S10 and I have to actually look at the speedometer.
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                  My Camaro has HUD, I always thought I wouldn't care for it BUT after having it for a year now I love it. I actually get a little aggravated when I drive my 69 or Robert's S10 and I have to actually look at the speedometer.
                  I have never drove a vehicle that had it but playing with my Iphone app last couple of morning's coming home from work I have really thinking hard about ordering it.
                  My truck is no fighter jet either but I think the technolgy is cool as heck!

Comment

What is the app?
                    Visit my sons blog:
                    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

I think that it would be pretty neat if it shows up as clearly as in their photo. Let us know how it works for you. (You know that you want one!)
                      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Been messing with my I phone apps and at night this one works pretty good. Day time is another story though. I like the effect and it does seem to keep your eyes on the road at night. The pictures are not the best in the world but you can see how it works. The numbers are very clear looking out the windshield though.
                        You can set a speed limit and when you go over it the speed turns red to notify you you are speeding. It will also play your music that you have on your phone without swapping it on the phone.

My I phone app I've been using as a HUD, heads up display in the truck at night. Works well at night but daytime is another story!

Comment

Working...
                        X