Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What car/truck are you driving in the 2016 HRPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
    Picked this up in Detroit 2 hours ago. Buying tires before driving home.
    You should have got a purple one!
    Nice ride.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Our travelling companions drive one of those, too. Nice ride!
      Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
      Gregg and Deb Miller
      Verona, Wi.

Comment

Originally posted by Criscobath View Post
        I drove my Dart this year, but am seriously thinking about dragging the entire family along next year. If I go that route, I have just the vehicle.

1990 Regency Conversion Suburban. Only 80k miles on the clock. I have a driveline shake (around 70 mph) to fix, a new exhaust to put on, a cracked side window to replace, wider tires to mount, and a bit of lowering to do before next year.
        That looks like one I was looking at around the first of the year. I had the same idea. Its a great way to haul family, luggage, snacks and tools!
        Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
        Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
        Kansas City 2017

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n1044593[/ATTACH]
          We must all be seperated at birth, last year we were doing a bug. This year we are thinking about pulling out our 2, 92 Camaros and maybe buying a third.
          Kansas City 2017

Comment

I drove an 86 gun metal gray t-top Z28 for a couple of years. Great handling/riding car, and I remember the seats were pretty comfy too. Only thing I hated was the weak ass 305 and it was a 700R car as well... it was "lent" to me by a family member while I was getting started after college. I kinda hated giving it back.
            1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
            1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
            1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post

That looks like one I was looking at around the first of the year. I had the same idea. Its a great way to haul family, luggage, snacks and tools!
              I picked it up for a song. Belonged to a stunt pilot here locally. It was passed down from his father. My kids love that damn thing.
              Last edited by Criscobath; July 20, 2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Depending on route and days I can get off work, my 64 Cutlass again. Just did a disc brake conversion,so it'll stop better now too. :-)

Comment

If all goes right I will be in my 72 Nova for 2016 PT. was hoping for this year but got held up in paint jail. So she's back home now and in the reassembly stage. She has a 355/TKO 600 5 speed and 3:73's so I hope she drives well on the highway. My test trip is going to be the Hot Rod Powerfest in Darlington SC come this Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
                    If all goes right I will be in my 72 Nova for 2016 PT. was hoping for this year but got held up in paint jail. So she's back home now and in the reassembly stage. She has a 355/TKO 600 5 speed and 3:73's so I hope she drives well on the highway. My test trip is going to be the Hot Rod Powerfest in Darlington SC come this Oct.
                    Very nice!

Comment

Looks sweet Chris -
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Well if it does come back east as I hope it will I will be in the 71 Chevy truck again. I've added a few more things to it since this picture was taken!
                        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Okay, maybe this?

Just picked it up the day before yesterday.

Comment

Very cool - way too big a valve covers for a "fruit jar" master cylinder. Hope that is on the short list for upgrades.

Comment

Single pot drum brakes will make a man of ya!

The thing is a bit scary to drive, but w/ time and money she'll roll safely (as safely as you can in an Edsel) again.
                              Last edited by Criscobath; September 2, 2015, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Cool! That will haul a lot of Blue Bell!
                                Kansas City 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X