Hot Rod Power Fest at Darlington Raceway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Power Fest at Darlington Raceway

October 3rd & 4th. Drag racing on Friday night Oct. 2nd.

A few of us from Mooresville NC are heading that way.

Who else is going?

From the web site: The first annual HOT ROD Powerfest East will bring enthusiasts from the southeastern United States together to celebrate performance car culture October 3-4, 2015 at “The Track Too Tough to Tame," Darlington Raceway. Powerfest East will be host to a wide range of vehicles from good old American muscle and street rods to high-end exotics, tricked-out tuner cars, 4x4s, and a selection of the best low-riders around. This destination event will bring fans across every age group and demographic in a festival atmosphere all sharing their love of horsepower.
    Here's just some of the stuff going on at the first annual Hot Rod Powerfest East:
    Performance Midway
    Dyno Challenge - allows participants to see how much horsepower is under the hood
    Autocross Event - blends driver skill and machine capability into one exciting event
    Start Stop Challenge
    Friday Night Drags at Darlington Dragway (Friday, October 2 – Separate entry)
    Main Stage - performances and entertainment
    Burnout Competition – participants generate as much noise and tire smoke as possible
    Search for Miss Powerfest East – Cash Prize
    Hot Rod editors and photographers on-site, generating more editorial content than ever while searching for rides worthy of "Editor's Choice" awards
    Show and Shine judging – outstanding rides in multiple classes, professionally judged
    Meet David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan of ROADKILL, and see some of the show’s project cars firsthand
    Magazine Feature Vehicle Corral
    Lap the Track
    Giveaways and more
    We have other things in the works! Stay tuned to HOTROD.com for the latest developments.
    Registration includes:
    Vehicle entry, entry for driver and copilot, and one goodie bag.
    $50 - Pre-registration online from 5/12/15 through 11:59pm PST 10/1/15, when online registration closes. Click HERE to register!

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/events/hot-rod...#ixzz3dyuyFQPq
    Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook

I just saw this one last night. I was thinking looks like a nice road trip. If my Novas ready for the road I might be down.

Comment

thinking about it not sure which vehicle

Comment

I will check on some hotels in the next day or two and post up information.

Comment

too much going on. won't be able to make. going to try and do SEMA in oct
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
            too much going on. won't be able to make. going to try and do SEMA in oct
            SEMA is Nov 3-6...I think.

Comment

We are booking at:
              Hampton Inn & Suites
              1735 Stokes Rd,
              Florence SC 29501.
              843-662-7000
              Last edited by htrdharley; June 29, 2015, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Hmmmm I'd love to make this. Always wanted to go to Darlington anyway. Seems kinda just like a power tour stop.
                2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

I'm liking the road trip Lars, but the wording is vague about the years of the car entries. Wondering if my 2015 ZL1 can go..
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Just booked my Hotel so I'm in. Putting together nice trip leaving Thursday traveling down Rt 15 & 29 from MD hope to do some nice sightseeing along the way. We have two cars as it stands if anyone from the northeast wants to tag along let me know. Then for the return trip we are going up towards the east coast and thru the tunnel from VA to MD.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                      I'm liking the road trip Lars, but the wording is vague about the years of the car entries. Wondering if my 2015 ZL1 can go..
                      Rett, all types of vehicles are welcome. Come on back to the Carolinas, you might like it.

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
                        Just booked my Hotel so I'm in. Putting together nice trip leaving Thursday traveling down Rt 15 & 29 from MD hope to do some nice sightseeing along the way. We have two cars as it stands if anyone from the northeast wants to tag along let me know. Then for the return trip we are going up towards the east coast and thru the tunnel from VA to MD.
                        If you are heading towards my area, feel free to hang out here and run with us to Darlington on Saturday morning.

Comment

My wife sent me a link to that while we were on the tour. I had her look into getting a room but she realized we'll be in California that weekend. Looks like it will be fun.
                          Visit my sons blog:
                          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Lars, How much are you paying for the hotel. I can only see it for $125 and there are plenty of much cheaper hotels in the same area..
                            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                              Lars, How much are you paying for the hotel. I can only see it for $125 and there are plenty of much cheaper hotels in the same area..
                              $138 O.T.D. There are cheaper hotels, but I would not stay at any of them. Some of the crew guys sleep in the truck or drive back to Mooresville instead of staying in the roach motels in Darlington, some only open for events. Brown rusty water, roaches etc....Very few good reviews from guys I know that stay down there on a somewhat regular basis. Last time I stayed in Rockingham instead of Darlington. Nothing was available on I 95

Comment

Working...
                              X